pointers or ideas on where I should begin?
--
Free image hosting at http://www.rickserver.com

Re: Wireless with Orinoco card [ In reply to ]
Rick Hennigan wrote:
> Hello all, I just got myself a Proxim Orinoco Gold 8420-wd pcmcia card
> and I've never done anything with wireless devices before. Any
> pointers or ideas on where I should begin?

http://ndiswrapper.sf.net

search the forums for ndiswrapper

--
Be the person your dog thinks you are.

Re: Wireless with Orinoco card [ In reply to ]
On 19:44 Mon 27 Sep , Rick Hennigan wrote:
> I've never done anything with wireless devices before.

Just make sure your kernel is properly configured.
Re: Wireless with Orinoco card [ In reply to ]
On Tue, 28 Sep 2004, Ryan W Sims wrote:

> Rick Hennigan wrote:
> > Hello all, I just got myself a Proxim Orinoco Gold 8420-wd pcmcia card
> > and I've never done anything with wireless devices before. Any
> > pointers or ideas on where I should begin?
>
> http://ndiswrapper.sf.net
>
> search the forums for ndiswrapper

Why do you need ndiswrapper?

I am using an Orinocco Gold card just fine (Hermes chipset) with Gentoo...

--
box n.

1. A computer; esp. in the construction `foo box' where foo is some
functional qualifier, like `graphics', or the name of an OS (thus, `Unix
box', `MS-DOS box', etc.) "We preprocess the data on Unix boxes before
handing it up to the mainframe." 2. [IBM] Without qualification but
within an SNA-using site, this refers specifically to an IBM front-end
processor or FEP /F-E-P/. An FEP is a small computer necessary to enable
an IBM mainframe to communicate beyond the limits of the dinosaur pen.
Typically used in expressions like the cry that goes up when an SNA
network goes down: "Looks like the box has fallen over." (See fall over.)
See also IBM, fear and loathing, Blue