Mailing List Archive

need-gnustep-gui: command not found
When I "# emerge sync" I get the following message:

>>> Updating Portage cache... \/usr/sbin/ebuild.sh: line 7:
need-gnustep-gui: command not found
\/usr/sbin/ebuild.sh: line 7: need-gnustep-gui: command not found
...done!

Does anyone know how to fix this ?

Re: need-gnustep-gui: command not found [ In reply to ]
On Tuesday 28 September 2004 01:07, Mirco Antonio Coralles wrote:
> When I "# emerge sync" I get the following message:
>
> need-gnustep-gui: command not found
> \/usr/sbin/ebuild.sh: line 7: need-gnustep-gui: command not found
> ...done!
>
> Does anyone know how to fix this ?

rm -rf /usr/portage/app-gnustep

You can also do the same for fresco-base and fresco-extra while you're at it.

There was a minor bug in the usage of rsync. It will be (is?) fixed completely
in portage-2.0.51_pre7.

Regards,
Jason Stubbs

Re: need-gnustep-gui: command not found [ In reply to ]
On Mon, 27 Sep 2004 23:45:14 +0900, Jason Stubbs wrote:

> There was a minor bug in the usage of rsync. It will be (is?) fixed
> completely in portage-2.0.51_pre7.

Does the one also fix the way emerge hangs when distfiles is on an NFS
partition?

--
Neil Bothwick

File not found. Should I fake it? (Y/N)
Re: need-gnustep-gui: command not found [ In reply to ]
gentoo-user@lists.gentoo.org wrote:

> On Tuesday 28 September 2004 01:07, Mirco Antonio Coralles wrote:
>> When I "# emerge sync" I get the following message:
>>
>> need-gnustep-gui: command not found
>> \/usr/sbin/ebuild.sh: line 7: need-gnustep-gui: command not found
>> ...done!
>>
>> Does anyone know how to fix this ?
>

> rm -rf /usr/portage/app-gnustep
>

> You can also do the same for fresco-base and fresco-extra while you're
> at it.
>

> There was a minor bug in the usage of rsync. It will be (is?) fixed
> completely
> in portage-2.0.51_pre7.
>

> Regards,
> Jason Stubbs

> .

thanks, that just worked fine !

antonio

Re: need-gnustep-gui: command not found [ In reply to ]
On Tuesday 28 September 2004 00:31, Neil Bothwick wrote:
> On Mon, 27 Sep 2004 23:45:14 +0900, Jason Stubbs wrote:
> > There was a minor bug in the usage of rsync. It will be (is?) fixed
> > completely in portage-2.0.51_pre7.
>
> Does the one also fix the way emerge hangs when distfiles is on an NFS
> partition?

That should be fixed completely in portage-2.0.51_pre6.

Regards,
Jason Stubbs

Re: portage on NFS (was: need-gnustep-gui: command not found) [ In reply to ]
On Tue, 28 Sep 2004 08:59:22 +0900, Jason Stubbs wrote:

> > Does that one also fix the way emerge hangs when distfiles is on an
> > NFS partition?
>
> That should be fixed completely in portage-2.0.51_pre6

Do you mean 2.0.51_rc6?

when I use that one, or any of the previous rc releases, on two
computers with $PORTAGE_DISTDIR on NFS, I get

>>> emerge (1 of 1) net-www/mozilla-1.7.3 to /

and then nothing until I Ctrl-C. It's the same for any package. Unlike
previous rc releases, it exits on immediately on Ctrl-C instead of
downloading the file first.

On the machine containing the distfiles, where the dir is mounted
locally, everything is fine.

Is this still the NFS lock problem or should I file a separate bug
report?

--
Neil Bothwick

Power corrupts - absolute power is even more fun.
Re: Re: portage on NFS (was: need-gnustep-gui: command not found) [ In reply to ]
On Tuesday 28 September 2004 09:08, Neil Bothwick wrote:
> On Tue, 28 Sep 2004 08:59:22 +0900, Jason Stubbs wrote:
> > > Does that one also fix the way emerge hangs when distfiles is on an
> > > NFS partition?
> >
> > That should be fixed completely in portage-2.0.51_pre6
>
> Do you mean 2.0.51_rc6?
>
> when I use that one, or any of the previous rc releases, on two
> computers with $PORTAGE_DISTDIR on NFS, I get

> and then nothing until I Ctrl-C. It's the same for any package. Unlike
> previous rc releases, it exits on immediately on Ctrl-C instead of
> downloading the file first.
>
> On the machine containing the distfiles, where the dir is mounted
> locally, everything is fine.
>
> Is this still the NFS lock problem or should I file a separate bug
> report?

This is something different, I believe. I don't think I've seen this yet (but
I'm not the one fixing these bugs) so file a bug on it just to be sure. If
"emerge -d" provides any more useful information, give the output of that.
Also give the options you've used to export and to mount the NFS directory.

Regards,
Jason Stubbs

Re: Re: portage on NFS (was: need-gnustep-gui: command not found) [ In reply to ]
On Tue, 28 Sep 2004 20:51:53 +0900, Jason Stubbs wrote:

> > Is this still the NFS lock problem or should I file a separate bug
> > report?
>
> This is something different, I believe. I don't think I've seen this
> yet (but I'm not the one fixing these bugs) so file a bug on it just
> to be sure. If "emerge -d" provides any more useful information, give
> the output of that. Also give the options you've used to export and to
> mount the NFS directory.

I was going to do this as soon as I got a chance, but rc7 arrived this
morning. It worked fine on my X86 laptop, so the problem was solved
there. I then upgraded my MAD64 desktop only to find it was the same.
After a bit of head scratching and forum searching, I tried setting the
multilib USE flag and re-emerging GCC, it all seems hunky-dory now.

--
Neil Bothwick

Suicide is the most sincere form of self-criticism.