Hi all,

I got Gentoo 2004 CDs. I 've got Windows 98, OpenBSD and FreeBSD on
the first 3 primary partitions. The lice cd tells me to create 3
primary partitions for swap, /boot and /. Is it possible to make them
on logical drives of extended partitions like in Debian?

I don't have another hard disk. Ss please give me your valuable advice

thankyou somuch

Siju

Re: gentoo in logical drive [ In reply to ]
yeah... any linux system can boot from a logical partition...just like debian...

David GP

Re: gentoo in logical drive [ In reply to ]
Am Freitag, 24. September 2004 14:08 schrieb ext Siju George:

> I got Gentoo 2004 CDs. I 've got Windows 98, OpenBSD and FreeBSD on
> the first 3 primary partitions. The lice cd tells me to create 3
> primary partitions for swap, /boot and /.
This is just an advice. You can create any partition layout you like.

> Is it possible to make them
> on logical drives of extended partitions like in Debian?
Yes.

> I don't have another hard disk. Ss please give me your valuable advice
My advice would be to create two partitions (primary or logical): the first
for /boot, the second for everything else, then use EVMS or LVM to create
real logical volumes for /usr, /opt, /var, swap, ... in the second
partition.

If you don't like initrd's, then create a third partition for /.

HTH...

Dirk
--
Dirk Heinrichs | Tel: +49 (0)151 1513 6954
Cap Gemini Deutschland | Mail: dirk.heinrichs@capgemini.com