now that KMail doesn't support imap filter on server side, I tried to move over to sylpheed-claws and at first glance it seems to suit my needs. However,I'm having trouble gpg signing with it. Every time I try to send a mail, it says "Could not find any key associated with currently selected key id XXXXXXXX" where XXXXXX is my key id.

gpg --list-keys gives the correct key.

I have tried all options available on the Privacy tab for the a/c (select key based on email a/c, use specific key / use default key) but every time I'm getting this message and after that it says could not queue message.

If I do not sign the mail, then it goes through normally.

Any idea what am I doing wrong?

-R'twick

--
Trespassers will be shot. Survivors will be SHOT AGAIN!

Re: sylpheed-claws and gpg sign problem [ In reply to ]
In your account options, go to privacy, and fill in your associated
email address in "manually specify address" .... Works here ;-)

On Thu, 23 Sep 2004 23:10:07 -0400
R'twick Niceorgaw wrote:

> Ok,
> now that KMail doesn't support imap filter on server side, I tried to
> move over to sylpheed-claws and at first glance it seems to suit my
> needs. However,I'm having trouble gpg signing with it. Every time I
> try to send a mail, it says "Could not find any key associated with
> currently selected key id XXXXXXXX" where XXXXXX is my key id.
>
> gpg --list-keys gives the correct key.
>
> I have tried all options available on the Privacy tab for the a/c
> (select key based on email a/c, use specific key / use default key)
> but every time I'm getting this message and after that it says could
> not queue message.
>
> If I do not sign the mail, then it goes through normally.
>
> Any idea what am I doing wrong?
>
> -R'twick

Greetings
Ralph
--
http://axljab.homelinux.org/
Re: sylpheed-claws and gpg sign problem [Fixed] [ In reply to ]
Hi Ralph,
On Fri, 24 Sep 2004 07:28:02 +0200
Ralph Slooten <ralph@genesys.ro> wrote:

> In your account options, go to privacy, and fill in your associated
> email address in "manually specify address" .... Works here ;-)

thanks for your reply. I don't know what went wrong but seems my gpg key somehow was corrupted. I revoked my old key and created a new key and it worked immediately with Privacy selected to "select key by email address"

-R'twick
--
When you're dining out and you suspect something's wrong, you're probably right.