try to play it - no sound, no picture. Same result using dvgrab or Kino.
When in Kino, I can play/pause
video using buttons so software seems to be operating correctly. All
*1394 drivers are loaded
and I have no problems reading/writing external hard drives so it is not
a firewire problem.
Anyone with similar experiences / solution?
thanks.

Re: video capture over firewire [ In reply to ]
Mikhail Garber wrote:
> When I try to capture video from my Canon zr35 on my Gentoo laptop, I
> have the following problem:

No such problems here.

I have a samsung DV-something, and I use kino with raw1394. The
firewire is a Texas Instruments PCI4510 IEEE-1394 Controller in a Dell
Inspiron 9100.

Can you get a similarly encoded AVI from another source and play that to
see if its an mplayer / alsa (or whatever your particular combo is)?
--
Iain

I did this 'cause Linux gives me a woody. It doesn't generate revenue.
(Dave '-ddt->` Taylor, announcing DOOM for Linux)