some libstdc++... (due to some kind of BUG) and everything was OK.
Later (now) tried to reemerge it but this didn't solved FF,TB etc
problem.
As now i have only dillo & links (lynx) to browse (bugs.gentoo.org)
write here for help.
I'll try b.g.o but it's more difficult with text browsers.
Thanks
Rumen
Re: Mozilla1.7.3_Firefox_1pre_Thunderbird0.8_problems_missing_libstdc++.so.6 [ In reply to ]
On чт, 2004-09-23 at 19:29, Rumen Yotov wrote:
> Hi,
> Firstly the config: all~x86, hardened-2.6.7-r8, GCC-3.4.2-r3.
> Had some minor problems after emerging the three apps (Mz,FF,TB), did
> the thing with the compreg.dat file, just to be sure and occasionally
> had problems with FF (on some sites in random places) it close itself.
> Yesterday FF,TB,Mz refused to run at all.
> With equal errors (error while loading shared libraries: libstdc++.so.6:
> cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory).
> i remember that when initially emerged GCC-3.4.x before it i emerged
> some libstdc++... (due to some kind of BUG) and everything was OK.
> Later (now) tried to reemerge it but this didn't solved FF,TB etc
> problem.
> As now i have only dillo & links (lynx) to browse (bugs.gentoo.org)
> write here for help.
> I'll try b.g.o but it's more difficult with text browsers.
> Thanks
> Rumen

Hi again,
Solved the hot /no working web browser :-)/ problem by unmerging
firefox_1PR, Thunderbird-0.8 and Mozilla-1.7.3 and merging firefox-bin
and mozilla-bin versions. Used TB-0.8 as a reserve in case Evo breaks.
Don't like this solution, because this versions are not hardened, but
for now problem solved.
i'll see and maybe file a BUG on this. Problem seems to be with
GCC-3.4.x and libstdc++-3.4. gcc-config also isn't working in showing
available gcc-profiles.
Thanks
Rumen