Mailing List Archive

running comands after kde login
how can I get programs or comands (folding@home or gkrellm for
example) to run automatically after logging into kde with kdm.

Thanks,
James

Re: running comands after kde login [ In reply to ]
On Thu, 23 Sep 2004 10:43 pm, James Ferguson wrote:
> how can I get programs or comands (folding@home or gkrellm for
> example) to run automatically after logging into kde with kdm.
>
> Thanks,
> James

There is a folder in your home directory '~/.kde/Autostart'

Mine is empty but you can find examples of what you need in
'/usr/kde/<version>/share/autostart'

Not sure what you need to search for but google is you freind and
hopefully this puts you on the right track. It seems at this stage that
Control Center isnt quite ready to help with adding/removing new
services. Got this from the main kde web docs. YMMV.

--

At the heart of science is an essential tension between two seemingly
contradictory attitudes -- an openness to new ideas, no matter how
bizarre
or counterintuitive they may be, and the most ruthless skeptical
scrutiny
of all ideas, old and new. This is how deep truths are winnowed from
deep
nonsense. Of course, scientists make mistakes in trying to understand
the
world, but there is a built-in error-correcting mechanism: The
collective
enterprise of creative thinking and skeptical thinking together keeps
the
field on track.
-- Carl Sagan, "The Fine Art of Baloney Detection"

Re: running comands after kde login [ In reply to ]
James Ferguson wrote, On 23.09.2004 12:43:
> how can I get programs or comands (folding@home or gkrellm for
> example) to run automatically after logging into kde with kdm.
>
> Thanks,
> James

Put any comand you would like to execute in:

~/.kde/Autostart/

afaik, you also could put symlinks to prgramms in there.

bye Thilo

Re: Re: running comands after kde login [ In reply to ]

Re: Re: running comands after kde login [ In reply to ]
James Ferguson wrote:
> On Thu, 23 Sep 2004 13:08:32 +0200, Thilo Six <t.six@gmx.de> wrote:
>
>>James Ferguson wrote, On 23.09.2004 12:43:
>>

>>>how can I get programs or comands (folding@home or gkrellm for
>>>example) to run automatically after logging into kde with kdm.
>>>
>>>Thanks,
>>>James
>>
>>Put any comand you would like to execute in:
>>
>>~/.kde/Autostart/
>>
>>afaik, you also could put symlinks to prgramms in there.
>>
>>bye Thilo
>>

>>--

OK, I know this is OT, but it seems to happen (possibly only to me)
fairly often.

Was there an answer here, and I missed it? All I see is two quotes.

Just checking.

Holly

Re: Re: running comands after kde login [ In reply to ]
On Thursday 23 September 2004 07:08 am, Holly Bostick wrote:

> OK, I know this is OT, but it seems to happen (possibly only to me)
> fairly often.
>
> Was there an answer here, and I missed it? All I see is two quotes.
>
> Just checking.

Nope.. I got the same.. I guess their help rendered him speechless..

Jeff
Re: running comands after kde login [ In reply to ]
Jeff Smelser wrote, On 23.09.2004 16:43:

> Nope.. I got the same.. I guess their help rendered him speechless..
>
> Jeff

*lol*

...and yes I got the same.

bye Thilo