Mailing List Archive

Need Yaboot Bootloader Help
I'm almost finished with my installation of 2004.2 for the PPC (a 500Mhz
NewWorld iMac.) One problem: I can't get the Yaboot bootloader working.

I try 'yabootconfig' and it detects my Mac OS X and Mac OS 9.2 partitions.
When I reboot and come to the yaboot prompt, the process stops there with an
error about some 'pci:@...' problem.

I went back and edited the /etc/yaboot.conf file (deleting the
'device=hd:@pci:...' line and replacing it with 'device=hd'. I do 'mkofboot
-v' and answer 'Y' to the question whether I want to make the boot partition
an hfs device. When I reboot and get to the yaboot prompt, the pci error is
gone, but I just get a blank grey screen. I have to reboot with the 'option'
key held down and select the Mac OS X icon to boot into Mac OS X.

Where did I go wrong, and what's the process for using the universal install
cd as an emergency disc and mounting/binding so that I have my system back?
Thanks.

Ed