Mailing List Archive

Where is NETFILTER in the menus of menuconfig?
It seems that netfilter and all the iptables options are not available
for selection or deselection in the v2.6.8-gentoo-r3 kernel. Something
appears to be amiss with this kernel. Clearly, some of these are set to
unacceptable defaults as they still appear in the .config file.

#
# IP: Virtual Server Configuration
#
# CONFIG_IP_VS is not set
# CONFIG_IPV6 is not set
CONFIG_NETFILTER=y
# CONFIG_NETFILTER_DEBUG is not set

#
# IP: Netfilter Configuration
#
CONFIG_IP_NF_CONNTRACK=y
# CONFIG_IP_NF_FTP is not set
# CONFIG_IP_NF_IRC is not set
# CONFIG_IP_NF_TFTP is not set
# CONFIG_IP_NF_AMANDA is not set
CONFIG_IP_NF_QUEUE=y
CONFIG_IP_NF_IPTABLES=y
.
.
.

Tom Veldhouse
Re: Where is NETFILTER in the menus of menuconfig? [ In reply to ]
Thomas T. Veldhouse wrote, On 22.09.2004 02:19:
> It seems that netfilter and all the iptables options are not available
> for selection or deselection in the v2.6.8-gentoo-r3 kernel.

> Tom Veldhouse

# uname -r
2.6.8-gentoo-r3

Device Drivers > Networking support > Networking options > Network
packet filtering (replaces ipchains)

Bye Thilo

Re: Re: Where is NETFILTER in the menus of menuconfig? [ In reply to ]
Thilo Six wrote:

> Thomas T. Veldhouse wrote, On 22.09.2004 02:19:
>
>> It seems that netfilter and all the iptables options are not
>> available for selection or deselection in the v2.6.8-gentoo-r3 kernel.
>

>> Tom Veldhouse
>

> # uname -r
> 2.6.8-gentoo-r3
>
> Device Drivers > Networking support > Networking options > Network
> packet filtering (replaces ipchains)
>
> Bye Thilo

Thanks ... but it was still missing from the menu for me. Using plain
development sources and I had no problem at all.

Tom Veldhouse