ALSA driver built-in, however, my sound card remains undetected and
whenever i log on a message appears announcing the /dev/dsp not found
error. The kernel was compiled with emu10k1 support, or something like
that. The emu10k1 external module (which i thought it was an option)is
not compatible with 2.6 kernels, so i dont know what to do...
Any help will be very appreciated.

Truly yours

Rafael Barrera Oro

Re: Sound Blaster Live problem [ In reply to ]
I was having loads of problems getting my SB Live card up and running
until I moved toa 2.6 kernel.

My config that worked for me was to compile ALSA and emu10k1 support
into the 2.6 kernel, then emerge alsa-tools and follow the
instructions on the gentoo alsa howto doc:
http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/alsa-guide.xml

And make sure that you don't have a Dell SB Live, cause they're not
emu10k1 chips - the notes on the ALSA project page have some links
that should help.
http://www.alsa-project.org/alsa-doc/doc-php/template.php?company=Creative+Labs&card=Soundblaster+Live&chip=EMU10K1&module=emu10k1

On Mon, 20 Sep 2004 17:40:29 -0300, Rafael Barrera Oro
<rafael@akyasociados.com.ar> wrote:
> Hello: I have a Sound Blaster Live sound card and 2.6.5 kernel with the
> ALSA driver built-in, however, my sound card remains undetected and
> whenever i log on a message appears announcing the /dev/dsp not found
> error. The kernel was compiled with emu10k1 support, or something like
> that. The emu10k1 external module (which i thought it was an option)is
> not compatible with 2.6 kernels, so i dont know what to do...
> Any help will be very appreciated.
>
> Truly yours
>
> Rafael Barrera Oro

Dante: You thinking what I'm thinking?
Randal: Urinating on the frozen food section and watching it steam up? Oh yeah.