ComputerNick a.k.a. Nick Smith
Email - Nick@ComputerNick.com
Web - <http://www.ComputerNick.com> http://www.ComputerNick.com
Re: cant su from user [ In reply to ]
On Sunday 19 September 2004 10:36 pm, Nick Smith wrote:
> This is odd, whenever I try to su from a normal user I get permission
> denied, what do I have to do to enable this?

add the user to the wheel group.
Jabber: tradergt@(smelser.org|jabber.org)
Quote: It is easier to fix Unix than to live with NT.
Re: cant su from user [ In reply to ]
On Sun, 19 Sep 2004 22:39:47 -0500, Jeff Smelser <tradergt@smelser.org> wrote:
> On Sunday 19 September 2004 10:36 pm, Nick Smith wrote:
> > This is odd, whenever I try to su from a normal user I get permission
> > denied, what do I have to do to enable this?
>
> add the user to the wheel group.
> --

An, for your information, that's got to be the most frequently asked
question in the FAQ (http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/faq.xml).

--
/\/\
(CR) Collins Richey

Re: cant su from user [ In reply to ]
On Sunday 19 September 2004 10:52 pm, Collins Richey wrote:

> An, for your information, that's got to be the most frequently asked
> question in the FAQ (http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/faq.xml).

Yeah.. I need a canned respons trigger for some of these questions..

Jeff
Jabber: tradergt@(smelser.org|jabber.org)
Quote: "The truth is rarely pure and never simple." -- Oscar Wilde
Re: cant su from user [ In reply to ]
Quoting Nick Smith <nick@computernick.com>:

> This is odd, whenever I try to su from a normal user I get permission
> denied, what do I have to do to enable this?

Make sure that particular user is in the "wheel" group.

# nano -w /etc/groups

and add your user to the wheel line