Mailing List Archive

Xmame 0.86 won't load roms
Hi all,

I'm trying desperatly to get Xmame working, I have some 0.86 roms and
have xmame 0.86 installed. When I cd to my rom directory and do a

# xmame robowrb.zip

I get the following output

> mark@bolsh mame $ xmame ./robowrb.zip
> info: trying to parse: /usr/share/games/xmame/xmamerc
> info: trying to parse: /home/mark/.xmame/xmamerc
> info: trying to parse: /usr/share/games/xmame/xmame-xglrc
> info: trying to parse: /home/mark/.xmame/xmame-xglrc
> info: trying to parse: /usr/share/games/xmame/rc/robowrbrc
> info: trying to parse: /home/mark/.xmame/rc/robowrbrc
> done
> epr-7541.14d NOT FOUND
> epr-7542.15d NOT FOUND
> epr-7544.7h NOT FOUND
> epr-7545.6h NOT FOUND
> epr-7546.5h NOT FOUND
> epr-7547.7d NOT FOUND
> epr-7548.6d NOT FOUND
> epr-7549.5d NOT FOUND
> pr7571.10a NOT FOUND
> pr7572.7f NOT FOUND
> pr7573.7g NOT FOUND
> epr-7543.12b NOT FOUND
> ERROR: required files are missing, the game cannot be run.
>
> GLmame v0.94 - the_peace_version , by Sven Goethel, http://www.jausoft.com, sgoethel@jausoft.com,
> based upon GLmame v0.6 driver for xmame, written by Mike Oliphant

What gives? The rom is a 0.86 rom, I can't understand what the problem is

Thanks in advance.

Re: Xmame 0.86 won't load roms [ In reply to ]
Mark Brier wrote:
> > epr-7541.14d NOT FOUND
> > epr-7542.15d NOT FOUND
> > epr-7544.7h NOT FOUND
> > epr-7545.6h NOT FOUND
> > epr-7546.5h NOT FOUND
> > epr-7547.7d NOT FOUND
> > epr-7548.6d NOT FOUND
> > epr-7549.5d NOT FOUND
> > pr7571.10a NOT FOUND
> > pr7572.7f NOT FOUND
> > pr7573.7g NOT FOUND
> > epr-7543.12b NOT FOUND

It's an old rom. Downgrade xmame.

Re: Xmame 0.86 won't load roms [ In reply to ]
Quoting Norberto Bensa <norberto+gentoo-user@bensa.ath.cx>:

> > > epr-7543.12b NOT FOUND
>
> It's an old rom. Downgrade xmame.

It was a new rom actually, but I've managed to work it out regardless. For some
reason, it wouldn't work properly when I changed the rom dir in gxmame
(compiled from source due to someones recommendation), but I did a :-

# make uninstall
# rm -dfR /home/mark/.gxmame/
# make install

....and put the roms in the default folder (/usr/lib/games/xmame/roms), and now
it seems to work fine. Just need to get a decent set of roms now.