Mailing List Archive

V220 Motorola phone and Linux
Hey everyone. I recently purchased a Motorola V220 cell phone and
noticed that it has USB connectivity. I was hoping I'd be able to
send/receive files back and forth between the phone and my computer.
However, using hotplug, when I plugged in the phone, all I got in dmesg
was the fact that the device was detected and that it had been given an
address. I was thinking for a minute about adding the vendor/prod. ID
to the usb-storage driver but then decided against it since most likely
this is not a standard usb-storage device (and I don't want to break
anything :-P) so I was wondering if anybody on the list knows anything
about this phone or better yet if anybody has ever connected to it in
any way at all on Linux or even at least Windows (Windows is yucky, so
I'm hoping I won't have to use it ;) Anyway, any advice/insight/user
experiences would be greatly appreciated :)

James
--

My blog: http://www.crazydrclaw.com/
My homepage: http://james.colannino.org/

"Black holes are where God divided by zero." --Steven Wright