Mailing List Archive

Fritz card DSL in Gentoo and installation CD?
Hi!

I've been using Gentoo (currently ~X86) for a few months now and I am
quite impressed. However to get it running I had to jump through quite a
few hoops, since I don't have an ethernet card but a Fritz card DSL
which needs proprietary drivers. A stage 1 install was impossible
because of that. I had to do a stage 3 install and manually find out
which files were needed to get the card running.

Although there are ebuilds available for the 2.4 and 2.6 kernels (to be
found in the bug database or the forums), they have neither been
included in the installation CD's nor have they been put in portage (not
even ~X86), although both ebuilds seem to work flawlessly.

Is there a special reason why available and working ebuilds are not put
in portage after such a long time?

--
"The face reveals the heart, but sometimes it's easier to change the
face."