---
THERUWAN SARANAi!

- widyachacra -
<widyachacra [at] adaptlinux [dot] org>
Adapt Linux: http://www.adaptlinux.org
{preparing today for Linux tommorow}
Real JANAViJAYA:
http://realjanavijaya.adaptlinux.org

Re: compiling 2.6 kernel [ In reply to ]
On Thursday 16 September 2004 08:50 pm, widyachacra wrote:
> AibOwan! Dear all,
>
> whats the command to compile 2.6 kernel?
> according to the handbook
> for 2.6 kernel
> # make && make modules_install
>
> but this is not work for my end...
>
> please advice me...

You need to provide more details. From what directory are
you running that command? What's actual output/error that
results when you run it?

"It does not work" is not enough information.

Beers,

Corey

--

"Government begins by protecting some against others and ends up
protecting itself against everyone."

Re: compiling 2.6 kernel [ In reply to ]
widyachacra wrote:

> # make && make modules_install

works over here

perhaps you should give more info. are you using the linux kernel
source? are you *inside* the linux kernel source directory? are you
logged in as *root*?

Re: compiling 2.6 kernel [ In reply to ]
On Thu, 16 Sep 2004 18:06:17 -0400
Billy Holmes <billy@gonoph.net> wrote:

> widyachacra wrote:
>
> > # make && make modules_install
>
> works over here
>
> perhaps you should give more info. are you using the linux kernel
> source? are you *inside* the linux kernel source directory? are you
> logged in as *root*?

Also do you make menuconfig before the make && make modules__install

Kirby Walborn

Re: compiling 2.6 kernel [ In reply to ]
btw, is there any documentation where is explained in detail how to
configure a kernel and explanation of options ?

Re: compiling 2.6 kernel [ In reply to ]
On Thu, 16 Sep 2004 22:44:29 +0000
Spoiala Cristian <scristian@gmail.com> wrote:

> btw, is there any documentation where is explained in detail how to
> configure a kernel and explanation of options ?

The way I learned was to read the help option for each item which had a very adequate explanation most of the time. It is very time consuming but when you are done you really understand the options.

Kirby Walborn

Re: compiling 2.6 kernel [ In reply to ]
Spoiala Cristian wrote:
> btw, is there any documentation where is explained in detail how to
> configure a kernel and explanation of options ?

Try looking at the "help" item for any option you don't understand. The
kernel help is quite good.

Holly

Re: compiling 2.6 kernel [ In reply to ]
On Thursday 16 September 2004 17:44, Spoiala Cristian wrote:
> btw, is there any documentation where is explained in detail how to
> configure a kernel and explanation of options ?

<SNIP> [Ouch! More top-posting!]

Once you su root (or use VT as root) and execute...
# make menuconfig
...you will find explanations for nearly every choice.
--
..."Yogi" CH
Namasté Yoga Studio