could not see how to answer my question.

Thanks in advance,
allan gottlieb

Re: htpasswd [ In reply to ]
it's part of apache, i think!

i'm not sure, since i haven't installed apache.

On Thu, 2004-09-16 at 01:17, gottlieb@nyu.edu wrote:
> Can someone tell me which ebuild contains the htpasswd program
> (encrypts passwords for use with web pages)?
>
> I had thought I could find this on gentoo.org, but failed. I clicked
> on "online package database" which took me to packages.gentoo.org, but
> could not see how to answer my question.
>
> Thanks in advance,
> allan gottlieb

Text mails preferred!
No HTML-mail please!
Encrypted mails preferred!
Re: htpasswd [ In reply to ]
apache = htpasswd
apach2 = htpasswd2

caught me out!

BillK

Re: htpasswd [ In reply to ]
At Thu, 16 Sep 2004 07:26:30 +0800 William Kenworthy <billk@iinet.net.au> wrote:

> apache = htpasswd
> apach2 = htpasswd2

Thanks. Exactly my error as well.
allan

Re: htpasswd [ In reply to ]
quoth the gottlieb@nyu.edu:
> Can someone tell me which ebuild contains the htpasswd program
> (encrypts passwords for use with web pages)?
>
> I had thought I could find this on gentoo.org, but failed. I clicked
> on "online package database" which took me to packages.gentoo.org, but
> could not see how to answer my question.
>
> Thanks in advance,
> allan gottlieb

htpasswd is not a package to be emerged, it is part of apache. Here are some
links:
http://httpd.apache.org/docs-2.0/programs/htpasswd.html
http://www.yolinux.com/TUTORIALS/LinuxTutorialApacheAddingLoginSiteProtection.html

-d