Mailing List Archive

glib-2.4.5 thread problem
When updating world emerge tries to update to glib-2.4.5

Latest version available: 2.4.5
Latest version installed: 2.4.1

The glib configure 2.4.5 fails apparently
because some of the thread libraries can't
be found.

checking for pthread_create/pthread_join... no
checking for pthread_create/pthread_join in -lpthread... no
checking for pthread_create/pthread_join in -lpthread32... no
checking for pthread_create/pthread_join in -lpthreads... no
checking for pthread_create/pthread_join in -lthread... no
checking for pthread_create/pthread_join in -ldce... no
configure: error: I can't find the libraries for the thread implementation
posix. Please choose another thread implementation or
provide information on your thread implementation.
You can also run 'configure --disable-threads'
to compile without thread support.

!!! ERROR: dev-libs/glib-2.4.5 failed.
!!! Function econf, Line 362, Exitcode 1
!!! econf failed

Those are:

libpthread32
libpthreads
libthread
libdce
libthread

The thread libraries in my system are:

/lib/libthread_db-1.0.so
/lib/libthread_db.so.1
/usr/lib/libthread_db.so
/lib/libpthread.so.0
/lib/libpthread-0.61.so
/usr/lib/libpthread.so
/usr/lib/libpthread_nonshared.a
/usr/lib/libpthread.a

and they belong to sys-libs/glibc-2.3.3.20040420-r1
which I have emerged many times already.

Could someone check in their system which package carries
the missing libraries? Say where is libpthread32
from?

Valmor