since not only me have troubles with Mozilla/Firefox after
switching from xfree to xorg-x11, I ask all of u, who have
both of them installed, please visit this URL:

http://www.ipex.sk

Let me know if it works (my Mozilla crashes in few seconds
if trying to click on some link there).

Thanks in advance.

noro

Re: Mozilla/Firefox under xorg-x11 [ In reply to ]

Re: Mozilla/Firefox under xorg-x11 [ In reply to ]
xorg-x11 6.8 (or similar :)
firefox Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.7) Gecko/20040803
Firefox/0.9.3

No mozilla installed on my system.
(Due to this, epiphany not working :)

Re: Mozilla/Firefox under xorg-x11 [ In reply to ]
On Wed, 15 Sep 2004 15:27:39 +0200, Norbert Kamenicky <noro@xmedia.sk> wrote:
[...]
> http://www.ipex.sk
>
> Let me know if it works (my Mozilla crashes in few seconds
> if trying to click on some link there).

Seems to work fine for me: xorg-x11 6.8.0, mozilla-firefox 0.9.3-r1.

A suggestion: check permissions on the fonts that firefox might be
trying to load for various sites. For the longest time, firefox would
crash consistently at several websites. I finally strace'd it, and
followed the problem back to a font that I had pulled over from my
windows partition that didn't have read permission.

--
Chris Woods || chris.woods@gmail.com
chris@javagroup.org || ICQ 21740987

Re: Mozilla/Firefox under xorg-x11 [ In reply to ]
On Wed, 15 Sep 2004 18:48:31 -0400, Chris Woods <chris.woods@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, 15 Sep 2004 15:27:39 +0200, Norbert Kamenicky <noro@xmedia.sk> wrote:
> [...]
> >
> > http://www.ipex.sk
> >
> > Let me know if it works (my Mozilla crashes in few seconds
> > if trying to click on some link there).
>
> Seems to work fine for me: xorg-x11 6.8.0, mozilla-firefox 0.9.3-r1.
>
> A suggestion: check permissions on the fonts that firefox might be
> trying to load for various sites. For the longest time, firefox would
> crash consistently at several websites. I finally strace'd it, and
> followed the problem back to a font that I had pulled over from my
> windows partition that didn't have read permission.

No problems here with firefox/mozilla/xorg, although the accursed site
wants to open popup windows which are supressed by firefox, flagged on
the bottom bar by mozilla.

HTH,

--
/\/\
(CR) Collins Richey

Re: Mozilla/Firefox under xorg-x11 problem solved [ In reply to ]
Hi all,

your responces made me sure it might be some configuration problem.
Therefore I added new user, to be sure all config files are written
from beginning ... result: mozilla worked properly!
In the rest I learned, problem was somewhere in ~/.kde* config files
(probably with font paths).

Conclusion:
I recommend to remove all ~/.kde* files after xfree to xorg switching.

Thanks again!

noro