Kde-apps/kmail-23.08.3
Kde-frameworks/kjobwidgets-5.112.0
kde-apps/akonadi-23.08.3-r1
Re: Kmail does not show all imap folders [ In reply to ]
On 22/01/2024 07:04, Alexander Puchmayr wrote:
> I checked folder subscriptions in kmail, but I do not see the missing folders
> there either. Also akonadi-console does not show them. I also tried
> curl imaps://<my-server>/
> Showing all of the missing folders, so I think its an akonadi/kmail problem
> and not an imap problem.
>
> Any ideas?

I occasionally get this problem in Thunderbird, and one of the options
in folder properties is "delete the index". If you've got that option
for the parent folder, do it, and then kmail should rebuild from scratch
and find the folders.

Cheers,
Wol
Re: Kmail does not show all imap folders [ In reply to ]
On Monday, 22 January 2024 08:56:00 GMT Wols Lists wrote:
> On 22/01/2024 07:04, Alexander Puchmayr wrote:
> > I checked folder subscriptions in kmail, but I do not see the missing
> > folders there either. Also akonadi-console does not show them. I also
> > tried curl imaps://<my-server>/
> > Showing all of the missing folders, so I think its an akonadi/kmail
> > problem
> > and not an imap problem.
> >
> > Any ideas?
>
> I occasionally get this problem in Thunderbird, and one of the options
> in folder properties is "delete the index". If you've got that option
> for the parent folder, do it, and then kmail should rebuild from scratch
> and find the folders.
>
> Cheers,
> Wol

Hmm ... I never received the OP message, only Wol's reply made it through. :-/

In Kmail make sure you have subscribed on the server folders you want Kmail to
show. Right-click on the top folder and select 'Serverside Subscription' to
show the tree of folders on the server.

To re-index the messages in Akonadi you can right-click on the top folder,
e.g. Inbox, then select 'Folder Properties', 'Maintenance' tab and click the
button "Reindex Folder".

Also, on the Akonadi Console you can restart the 'Akonadi Indexing Agent'.
Re: Kmail does not show all imap folders [ In reply to ]
On Montag, 22. J?nner 2024, 10:48:02 CET Michael wrote:
> In Kmail make sure you have subscribed on the server folders you want Kmail
> to show. Right-click on the top folder and select 'Serverside
> Subscription' to show the tree of folders on the server.

Indeed, that was missing. I only looked at "local subscriptions", not server
side subscriptions. Now folders are shown :-)

Thanks a lot
Alex