Mailing List Archive

1 2  View All
Re: Wine problems [ In reply to ]
st 13. 12. 2023 v 16:58 odesílatel <stefan11111@shitposting.expert> napsal:

> On 2023-12-13 14:55, Vít Smolík wrote:
> > st 13. 12. 2023 v 9:28 odesílatel <stefan11111@shitposting.expert>
> > napsal:

> >> I added the Xorg.0.log from optimus as an attachment.
> > okay, i checked and i saw these lines:
> >
> >> [ 32496.682] (**) modeset(1): claimed PCI slot 0@0:2:0
> >> [ 32496.682] (II) modeset(1): using default device
> >> [ 32496.682] (EE) Screen 1 deleted because of no matching config
> >> section.
> >> [ 32496.682] (II) UnloadModule: "modesetting"
> >
> > i think the third line from this citation may be the concern, make
> > sure you installed the proprietary nvidia drivers, and disabled
> > nouveau (pretty sure you already did that)
> > could you send your xorg.conf? it seems to me that the config that
> > nvidia-xconfig made is faulty.
> >
> > --
> > May the Force be with you,
> > Vít Smolík.
> I added my xorg.conf as an attachment
okay, try adding this line right after the "Device" line in the
"Screen" section:

GPUDevice "InactiveDevice1"

The config should then look like this:

> Section "Screen"
> Identifier "Screen0"
> Device "Device0"
> GPUDevice "InactiveDevice1"
> Monitor "Monitor0"
> DefaultDepth 24
> Option "AllowEmptyInitialConfiguration" "True"
> SubSection "Display"
> Depth 24
> EndSubSection
> EndSection
(i don't know how the formating will look in this email, but the
"GPUDevice" line will be indented the same as the "Device" line)

after that, save the config file and start X

--
May the Force be with you,
Vít Smolík.
Re: Wine problems [ In reply to ]
On 2023-12-13 16:23, Vít Smolík wrote:
> st 13. 12. 2023 v 16:58 odesílatel <stefan11111@shitposting.expert>
> napsal:
>>
>> On 2023-12-13 14:55, Vít Smolík wrote:
>> > st 13. 12. 2023 v 9:28 odesílatel <stefan11111@shitposting.expert>

>> > okay, i checked and i saw these lines:

>> > i think the third line from this citation may be the concern, make
>> > sure you installed the proprietary nvidia drivers, and disabled
>> > nouveau (pretty sure you already did that)
>> > could you send your xorg.conf? it seems to me that the config that
>> > nvidia-xconfig made is faulty.
>> >
>> > --
>> > May the Force be with you,
>> > Vít Smolík.
>> I added my xorg.conf as an attachment
> okay, try adding this line right after the "Device" line in the
> "Screen" section:
>
> GPUDevice "InactiveDevice1"
>
> The config should then look like this:
>
>> Section "Screen"
>> Identifier "Screen0"
>> Device "Device0"
>> GPUDevice "InactiveDevice1"
>> Monitor "Monitor0"
>> DefaultDepth 24
>> Option "AllowEmptyInitialConfiguration" "True"
>> SubSection "Display"
>> Depth 24
>> EndSubSection
>> EndSection
> (i don't know how the formating will look in this email, but the
> "GPUDevice" line will be indented the same as the "Device" line)
>
> after that, save the config file and start X
Doing this did have an effect, but not the desired effect.
I still don't see xorg's display on the laptop screen, but if I connect
an hdmi cable to the laptop, I get output on an external monitor.
Re: Wine problems [ In reply to ]
On 2023-12-13 18:46, stefan11111@shitposting.expert wrote:
> On 2023-12-13 16:23, Vít Smolík wrote:
>> st 13. 12. 2023 v 16:58 odesílatel <stefan11111@shitposting.expert>
>> napsal:

>>> I added my xorg.conf as an attachment
>> okay, try adding this line right after the "Device" line in the
>> "Screen" section:
>>
>> GPUDevice "InactiveDevice1"
>>
>> The config should then look like this:
>>
>>> Section "Screen"
>>> Identifier "Screen0"
>>> Device "Device0"
>>> GPUDevice "InactiveDevice1"
>>> Monitor "Monitor0"
>>> DefaultDepth 24
>>> Option "AllowEmptyInitialConfiguration" "True"
>>> SubSection "Display"
>>> Depth 24
>>> EndSubSection
>>> EndSection
>> (i don't know how the formating will look in this email, but the
>> "GPUDevice" line will be indented the same as the "Device" line)
>>
>> after that, save the config file and start X
> Doing this did have an effect, but not the desired effect.
> I still don't see xorg's display on the laptop screen, but if I
> connect an hdmi cable to the laptop, I get output on an external
> monitor.
Good news, proton works.
I don't get sound with proton though, but that is a known issues with
steam's runtime that can be fixed.
Thanks for helping me so far. Maybe I can even get the display to work
on the laptop's screen.
Re: Wine problems [ In reply to ]
st 13. 12. 2023 v 19:51 odesílatel <stefan11111@shitposting.expert> napsal:

> On 2023-12-13 18:46, stefan11111@shitposting.expert wrote:
> > On 2023-12-13 16:23, Vít Smolík wrote:
> >> st 13. 12. 2023 v 16:58 odesílatel <stefan11111@shitposting.expert>

> >> okay, try adding this line right after the "Device" line in the
> >> "Screen" section:
> >>
> >> GPUDevice "InactiveDevice1"
> >>
> >> The config should then look like this:

> >> (i don't know how the formating will look in this email, but the
> >> "GPUDevice" line will be indented the same as the "Device" line)
> >>
> >> after that, save the config file and start X
> > Doing this did have an effect, but not the desired effect.
> > I still don't see xorg's display on the laptop screen, but if I
> > connect an hdmi cable to the laptop, I get output on an external
> > monitor.
> Good news, proton works.
> I don't get sound with proton though, but that is a known issues with
> steam's runtime that can be fixed.
> Thanks for helping me so far. Maybe I can even get the display to work
> on the laptop's screen.

i think the fix for your problem will be adding the second monitor to
the xorg.conf, you only have 1 monitor configured.
would you mind sending me your original xorg config if you still have it?

also try running xrandr (after starting X), then see all of the
outputs and add something like this to your X config

> Section "Monitor"
> Identifier "THE THING XRANDR OUTPUTS"
> Option "DPMS"
> EndSection

the xrandr output should look something like this:
> Screen 0: minimum 320 x 200, current 3200 x 1080, maximum 8192 x 8192
> VGA-1 disconnected (normal left inverted right x axis y axis)
> HDMI-1 connected primary 1920x1080+0+0 (normal left inverted right x axis y axis) 531mm x 299mm
> 1920x1080 59.93 + 60.00* 50.00 59.94
> 1920x1080i 60.00 50.00 59.94
> 1680x1050 59.88
> …

if you can't figure it out, send the output, i will help you write the config ;D

--
May the Force be with you,
Vít Smolík.
Re: Wine problems [ In reply to ]
Dne st 13. 12. 2023 20:21 uživatel Vít Smolík <vit.smolik2@gmail.com>
napsal:

> st 13. 12. 2023 v 19:51 odesílatel <stefan11111@shitposting.expert>
> napsal:

> number>.log.
> correctly.

> > > Doing this did have an effect, but not the desired effect.
> > > I still don't see xorg's display on the laptop screen, but if I
> > > connect an hdmi cable to the laptop, I get output on an external
> > > monitor.
> > Good news, proton works.
> > I don't get sound with proton though, but that is a known issues with
> > steam's runtime that can be fixed.
> > Thanks for helping me so far. Maybe I can even get the display to work
> > on the laptop's screen.
> >
> i think the fix for your problem will be adding the second monitor to
> the xorg.conf, you only have 1 monitor configured.
> would you mind sending me your original xorg config if you still have it?
>
> also try running xrandr (after starting X), then see all of the
> outputs and add something like this to your X config
> >
> > Section "Monitor"
> > Identifier "THE THING XRANDR OUTPUTS"
> > Option "DPMS"
> > EndSection
>
> the xrandr output should look something like this:
> > Screen 0: minimum 320 x 200, current 3200 x 1080, maximum 8192 x 8192
> > VGA-1 disconnected (normal left inverted right x axis y axis)
> > HDMI-1 connected primary 1920x1080+0+0 (normal left inverted right x
> axis y axis) 531mm x 299mm
> > 1920x1080 59.93 + 60.00* 50.00 59.94
> > 1920x1080i 60.00 50.00 59.94
> > 1680x1050 59.88
> > …
>
> if you can't figure it out, send the output, i will help you write the
> config ;D
>
> --
> May the Force be with you,
> Vít Smolík.

forgot to clarify, by "the thing xrandr outputs" i mean something like
"Monitor0" or "VGA-1" - you can see it in the example output also.

May the Force be with you,
Vít Smolík.
Re: Wine problems [ In reply to ]
On 2023-12-13 19:21, Vít Smolík wrote:
> st 13. 12. 2023 v 19:51 odesílatel <stefan11111@shitposting.expert>
> napsal:

>> > Doing this did have an effect, but not the desired effect.
>> > I still don't see xorg's display on the laptop screen, but if I
>> > connect an hdmi cable to the laptop, I get output on an external
>> > monitor.
>> Good news, proton works.
>> I don't get sound with proton though, but that is a known issues with
>> steam's runtime that can be fixed.
>> Thanks for helping me so far. Maybe I can even get the display to work
>> on the laptop's screen.
>>
> i think the fix for your problem will be adding the second monitor to
> the xorg.conf, you only have 1 monitor configured.
> would you mind sending me your original xorg config if you still have
> it?

The xorg config I sent is the only one I had on this laptop.
Before trying this, I didn't have an xorg config on this laptop.

> also try running xrandr (after starting X), then see all of the
> outputs and add something like this to your X config
>>
>> Section "Monitor"
>> Identifier "THE THING XRANDR OUTPUTS"
>> Option "DPMS"
>> EndSection
>
> the xrandr output should look something like this:
>> Screen 0: minimum 320 x 200, current 3200 x 1080, maximum 8192 x 8192
>> VGA-1 disconnected (normal left inverted right x axis y axis)
>> HDMI-1 connected primary 1920x1080+0+0 (normal left inverted right x
>> axis y axis) 531mm x 299mm
>> 1920x1080 59.93 + 60.00* 50.00 59.94
>> 1920x1080i 60.00 50.00 59.94
>> 1680x1050 59.88
>> …
>
> if you can't figure it out, send the output, i will help you write the
> config ;D
This is the output of xrandr:

$ xrandr
Screen 0: minimum 8 x 8, current 1920 x 1080, maximum 32767 x 32767
HDMI-0 connected primary 1920x1080+0+0 (normal left inverted right x
axis y axis) 698mm x 392mm
1920x1080 60.00*+ 60.00 59.94 50.00
1680x1050 59.95
1600x900 60.00
1440x900 59.89
1440x576 50.00
1400x1050 59.98
1280x1024 60.02
1280x800 59.81
1280x720 60.00 59.96 50.00
1024x768 60.00
800x600 60.32 56.25
720x576 50.00
720x480 59.94
640x480 59.94
Re: Wine problems [ In reply to ]
Dne st 13. 12. 2023 20:30 uživatel <stefan11111@shitposting.expert> napsal:

> On 2023-12-13 19:21, Vít Smolík wrote:
> > st 13. 12. 2023 v 19:51 odesílatel <stefan11111@shitposting.expert>
> > napsal:

> number>.log.
> correctly.

> >> Good news, proton works.
> >> I don't get sound with proton though, but that is a known issues with
> >> steam's runtime that can be fixed.
> >> Thanks for helping me so far. Maybe I can even get the display to work
> >> on the laptop's screen.
> >>
> > i think the fix for your problem will be adding the second monitor to
> > the xorg.conf, you only have 1 monitor configured.
> > would you mind sending me your original xorg config if you still have
> > it?
> >

> The xorg config I sent is the only one I had on this laptop.
> Before trying this, I didn't have an xorg config on this laptop.
>
> > also try running xrandr (after starting X), then see all of the
> > outputs and add something like this to your X config
> >>
> >> Section "Monitor"
> >> Identifier "THE THING XRANDR OUTPUTS"
> >> Option "DPMS"
> >> EndSection
> >
> > the xrandr output should look something like this:
> >> Screen 0: minimum 320 x 200, current 3200 x 1080, maximum 8192 x 8192
> >> VGA-1 disconnected (normal left inverted right x axis y axis)
> >> HDMI-1 connected primary 1920x1080+0+0 (normal left inverted right x
> >> axis y axis) 531mm x 299mm
> >> 1920x1080 59.93 + 60.00* 50.00 59.94
> >> 1920x1080i 60.00 50.00 59.94
> >> 1680x1050 59.88
> >> …
> >
> > if you can't figure it out, send the output, i will help you write the
> > config ;D
> This is the output of xrandr:
>
> $ xrandr
> Screen 0: minimum 8 x 8, current 1920 x 1080, maximum 32767 x 32767
> HDMI-0 connected primary 1920x1080+0+0 (normal left inverted right x
> axis y axis) 698mm x 392mm
> 1920x1080 60.00*+ 60.00 59.94 50.00
> 1680x1050 59.95
> 1600x900 60.00
> 1440x900 59.89
> 1440x576 50.00
> 1400x1050 59.98
> 1280x1024 60.02
> 1280x800 59.81
> 1280x720 60.00 59.96 50.00
> 1024x768 60.00
> 800x600 60.32 56.25
> 720x576 50.00
> 720x480 59.94
> 640x480 59.94

add this to your config:

Section "Monitor"
Identifier "HDMI-0"
Option "DPMS"
EndSection

Make sure the indentation is correct, see the rest of the config file, and
indent the same as in the other sections.

if it doesn't work, in the next email, include your xorg.conf and the xorg
log

May the Force be with you,
Vít Smolík.
Re: Wine problems [ In reply to ]
On 2023-12-13 19:35, Vít Smolík wrote:
> Dne st 13. 12. 2023 20:30 uživatel <stefan11111@shitposting.expert>
> napsal:
>
>> On 2023-12-13 19:21, Vít Smolík wrote:
>> > st 13. 12. 2023 v 19:51 odesílatel <stefan11111@shitposting.expert>

>> number>.log.
>> correctly.

>> > i think the fix for your problem will be adding the second monitor to
>> > the xorg.conf, you only have 1 monitor configured.
>> > would you mind sending me your original xorg config if you still have
>> > it?
>> >

>> The xorg config I sent is the only one I had on this laptop.
>> Before trying this, I didn't have an xorg config on this laptop.
>>
>> > also try running xrandr (after starting X), then see all of the
>> > outputs and add something like this to your X config

>> > the xrandr output should look something like this:
>> >
>> > if you can't figure it out, send the output, i will help you write the
>> > config ;D
>> This is the output of xrandr:
>>
>> $ xrandr
>> Screen 0: minimum 8 x 8, current 1920 x 1080, maximum 32767 x 32767
>> HDMI-0 connected primary 1920x1080+0+0 (normal left inverted right x
>> axis y axis) 698mm x 392mm
>> 1920x1080 60.00*+ 60.00 59.94 50.00
>> 1680x1050 59.95
>> 1600x900 60.00
>> 1440x900 59.89
>> 1440x576 50.00
>> 1400x1050 59.98
>> 1280x1024 60.02
>> 1280x800 59.81
>> 1280x720 60.00 59.96 50.00
>> 1024x768 60.00
>> 800x600 60.32 56.25
>> 720x576 50.00
>> 720x480 59.94
>> 640x480 59.94
>>
> add this to your config:
>
> Section "Monitor"
> Identifier "HDMI-0"
> Option "DPMS"
> EndSection
>
> Make sure the indentation is correct, see the rest of the config file,
> and
> indent the same as in the other sections.
>
> if it doesn't work, in the next email, include your xorg.conf and the
> xorg
> log
>

> May the Force be with you,
> Vít Smolík.

Tried it, didn't work.
I added the config file and the log as attachments.
Re: Wine problems [ In reply to ]
Dne st 13. 12. 2023 20:45 uživatel <stefan11111@shitposting.expert> napsal:

> On 2023-12-13 19:35, Vít Smolík wrote:
> > Dne st 13. 12. 2023 20:30 uživatel <stefan11111@shitposting.expert>
> > napsal:

> <stefan11111@shitposting.expert

> >> number>.log.
> >> correctly.

> config

> make
> that

> work

> >> The xorg config I sent is the only one I had on this laptop.
> >> Before trying this, I didn't have an xorg config on this laptop.

> >> This is the output of xrandr:
> >>
> >> $ xrandr
> >> Screen 0: minimum 8 x 8, current 1920 x 1080, maximum 32767 x 32767
> >> HDMI-0 connected primary 1920x1080+0+0 (normal left inverted right x
> >> axis y axis) 698mm x 392mm
> >> 1920x1080 60.00*+ 60.00 59.94 50.00
> >> 1680x1050 59.95
> >> 1600x900 60.00
> >> 1440x900 59.89
> >> 1440x576 50.00
> >> 1400x1050 59.98
> >> 1280x1024 60.02
> >> 1280x800 59.81
> >> 1280x720 60.00 59.96 50.00
> >> 1024x768 60.00
> >> 800x600 60.32 56.25
> >> 720x576 50.00
> >> 720x480 59.94
> >> 640x480 59.94
> >>
> > add this to your config:
> >
> > Section "Monitor"
> > Identifier "HDMI-0"
> > Option "DPMS"
> > EndSection
> >
> > Make sure the indentation is correct, see the rest of the config file,
> > and
> > indent the same as in the other sections.
> >
> > if it doesn't work, in the next email, include your xorg.conf and the
> > xorg
> > log
> >

> > May the Force be with you,
> > Vít Smolík.
>
> Tried it, didn't work.
> I added the config file and the log as attachments.

Added the modified config as an attachment, i configured another screen
section at the bottom of the config, its identifier is "Screen1", also
added it to the server layout on top of the config.

rename your old xorg.conf and download this, then restart X, and report if
it was successfull :)

May the Force be with you,
Vít Smolík.
Re: Wine problems [ In reply to ]
On 2023-12-13 19:58, Vít Smolík wrote:
> Dne st 13. 12. 2023 20:45 uživatel <stefan11111@shitposting.expert>
> napsal:
>
>> On 2023-12-13 19:35, Vít Smolík wrote:

>> <stefan11111@shitposting.expert

>> config

>> make
>> that

>> work

>> > add this to your config:
>> >
>> > Section "Monitor"
>> > Identifier "HDMI-0"
>> > Option "DPMS"
>> > EndSection
>> >
>> > Make sure the indentation is correct, see the rest of the config file,
>> > and
>> > indent the same as in the other sections.
>> >
>> > if it doesn't work, in the next email, include your xorg.conf and the
>> > xorg
>> > log
>> >

>> > May the Force be with you,
>> > Vít Smolík.
>>
>> Tried it, didn't work.
>> I added the config file and the log as attachments.
>>
> Added the modified config as an attachment, i configured another screen
> section at the bottom of the config, its identifier is "Screen1", also
> added it to the server layout on top of the config.
>
> rename your old xorg.conf and download this, then restart X, and report
> if
> it was successfull :)
>
> May the Force be with you,
> Vít Smolík.

Still no luck.
Re: Wine problems [ In reply to ]
Dne st 13. 12. 2023 21:05 uživatel <stefan11111@shitposting.expert> napsal:

> On 2023-12-13 19:58, Vít Smolík wrote:
> > Dne st 13. 12. 2023 20:45 uživatel <stefan11111@shitposting.expert>
> > napsal:

> <stefan11111@shitposting.expert

> >> <stefan11111@shitposting.expert

> loaded

> >> config

> concern,
> >> make
> disabled
> config
> >> that

> the
> line)

> with
> >> work

> have

> 8192
> right x

> the

> >> Tried it, didn't work.
> >> I added the config file and the log as attachments.
> >>
> > Added the modified config as an attachment, i configured another screen
> > section at the bottom of the config, its identifier is "Screen1", also
> > added it to the server layout on top of the config.
> >
> > rename your old xorg.conf and download this, then restart X, and report
> > if
> > it was successfull :)
> >
> > May the Force be with you,
> > Vít Smolík.
>
> Still no luck.

could you send your "xrandr" output? (you need to start X to run it) and
your X log?

Re: Wine problems [ In reply to ]
On 2023-12-13 20:13, Vít Smolík wrote:
> Dne st 13. 12. 2023 21:05 uživatel <stefan11111@shitposting.expert>
> napsal:
>
>> On 2023-12-13 19:58, Vít Smolík wrote:
>> > Added the modified config as an attachment, i configured another screen
>> > section at the bottom of the config, its identifier is "Screen1", also
>> > added it to the server layout on top of the config.
>> >
>> > rename your old xorg.conf and download this, then restart X, and report
>> > if
>> > it was successfull :)
>> >
>> > May the Force be with you,
>> > Vít Smolík.
>>
>> Still no luck.
>>
> could you send your "xrandr" output? (you need to start X to run it)
> and
> your X log?

I added all the logs I found as attachments, maybe one of them tells you
something. They seem pretty recent, oldest is an hour old.
The latest is Xorg.0.log

xrandr output:
Re: Wine problems [ In reply to ]
Dne st 13. 12. 2023 21:26 uživatel <stefan11111@shitposting.expert> napsal:

> On 2023-12-13 20:13, Vít Smolík wrote:
> > Dne st 13. 12. 2023 21:05 uživatel <stefan11111@shitposting.expert>
> > napsal:

> screen

> report

> >> Still no luck.
> >>
> > could you send your "xrandr" output? (you need to start X to run it)
> > and
> > your X log?
> >

> I added all the logs I found as attachments, maybe one of them tells you
> something. They seem pretty recent, oldest is an hour old.
> The latest is Xorg.0.log
>
> xrandr output:
> $ xrandr
> Screen 0: minimum 8 x 8, current 1920 x 1080, maximum 32767 x 32767
> HDMI-0 connected primary 1920x1080+0+0 (normal left inverted right x
> axis y axis) 698mm x 392mm
> 1920x1080 60.00*+ 60.00 59.94 50.00
> 1680x1050 59.95
> 1600x900 60.00
> 1440x900 59.89
> 1440x576 50.00
> 1400x1050 59.98
> 1280x1024 60.02
> 1280x800 59.81
> 1280x720 60.00 59.96 50.00
> 1024x768 60.00
> 800x600 60.32 56.25
> 720x576 50.00
> 720x480 59.94
> 640x480 59.94

okay, i think you could try deleting (or comenting, it is up to you) the
"GPUDevice" line from the second screen section (the one at the bottom of
the config, also, in the config, edit the resolution, it's the last
"Option" in the second screen section.
save the config, and restart X

May the Force be with you,
Vít Smolík.
Re: Wine problems [ In reply to ]
On 2023-12-13 20:32, Vít Smolík wrote:
> okay, i think you could try deleting (or comenting, it is up to you)
> the
> "GPUDevice" line from the second screen section (the one at the bottom
> of
> the config, also, in the config, edit the resolution, it's the last
> "Option" in the second screen section.
> save the config, and restart X
>
> May the Force be with you,
> Vít Smolík.

Tried commenting out the GPUDevice part. No change.
What should I set the resolution to? My laptop's screen is 1920*1080.
Re: Wine problems [ In reply to ]
Dne st 13. 12. 2023 23:20 uživatel <stefan11111@shitposting.expert> napsal:

> On 2023-12-13 20:32, Vít Smolík wrote:
> > okay, i think you could try deleting (or comenting, it is up to you)
> > the
> > "GPUDevice" line from the second screen section (the one at the bottom
> > of
> > the config, also, in the config, edit the resolution, it's the last
> > "Option" in the second screen section.
> > save the config, and restart X
> >
> > May the Force be with you,
> > Vít Smolík.
>
> Tried commenting out the GPUDevice part. No change.
> What should I set the resolution to? My laptop's screen is 1920*1080.

the second screen parameter is configured for your hdmi monitor, so set it
to the resolution of it.

May the Force be with you,
Vít Smolík.
Re: Wine problems [ In reply to ]
st 13. 12. 2023 v 23:20 odesílatel <stefan11111@shitposting.expert> napsal:

> On 2023-12-13 20:32, Vít Smolík wrote:
> > okay, i think you could try deleting (or comenting, it is up to you)
> > the
> > "GPUDevice" line from the second screen section (the one at the bottom
> > of
> > the config, also, in the config, edit the resolution, it's the last
> > "Option" in the second screen section.
> > save the config, and restart X
> >
> > May the Force be with you,
> > Vít Smolík.
>
> Tried commenting out the GPUDevice part. No change.
> What should I set the resolution to? My laptop's screen is 1920*1080.

also, try if you can configure the monitor in nvidia settings

--
May the Force be with you,
Vít Smolík.
Re: Wine problems [ In reply to ]
On 2023-12-13 19:29, stefan11111@shitposting.expert wrote:
> On 2023-12-13 19:21, Vít Smolík wrote:
>> st 13. 12. 2023 v 19:51 odesílatel <stefan11111@shitposting.expert>
>> napsal:

>>> Good news, proton works.
>>> I don't get sound with proton though, but that is a known issues with
>>> steam's runtime that can be fixed.
>>> Thanks for helping me so far. Maybe I can even get the display to
>>> work
>>> on the laptop's screen.
>>>
>> i think the fix for your problem will be adding the second monitor to
>> the xorg.conf, you only have 1 monitor configured.
>> would you mind sending me your original xorg config if you still have
>> it?
>>

> The xorg config I sent is the only one I had on this laptop.
> Before trying this, I didn't have an xorg config on this laptop.
>
>> also try running xrandr (after starting X), then see all of the
>> outputs and add something like this to your X config
>>>
>>> Section "Monitor"
>>> Identifier "THE THING XRANDR OUTPUTS"
>>> Option "DPMS"
>>> EndSection
>>
>> the xrandr output should look something like this:
>>> Screen 0: minimum 320 x 200, current 3200 x 1080, maximum 8192 x 8192
>>> VGA-1 disconnected (normal left inverted right x axis y axis)
>>> HDMI-1 connected primary 1920x1080+0+0 (normal left inverted right x
>>> axis y axis) 531mm x 299mm
>>> 1920x1080 59.93 + 60.00* 50.00 59.94
>>> 1920x1080i 60.00 50.00 59.94
>>> 1680x1050 59.88
>>> …
>>
>> if you can't figure it out, send the output, i will help you write the
>> config ;D
> This is the output of xrandr:
>
> $ xrandr
> Screen 0: minimum 8 x 8, current 1920 x 1080, maximum 32767 x 32767
> HDMI-0 connected primary 1920x1080+0+0 (normal left inverted right x
> axis y axis) 698mm x 392mm
> 1920x1080 60.00*+ 60.00 59.94 50.00
> 1680x1050 59.95
> 1600x900 60.00
> 1440x900 59.89
> 1440x576 50.00
> 1400x1050 59.98
> 1280x1024 60.02
> 1280x800 59.81
> 1280x720 60.00 59.96 50.00
> 1024x768 60.00
> 800x600 60.32 56.25
> 720x576 50.00
> 720x480 59.94
> 640x480 59.94
Decided to give this one more shot.
I ran xrandr one again, this time with no xorg.conf.
This is the output, it seems different from last time:

$ xrandr
Screen 0: minimum 320 x 200, current 1920 x 1080, maximum 16384 x 16384
eDP-1 connected primary 1920x1080+0+0 (normal left inverted right x axis
y axis) 344mm x 193mm
1920x1080 144.00*+ 60.01 60.02 59.97 59.96 59.93
1680x1050 59.95 59.88
1400x1050 74.76 59.98
1600x900 59.99 59.94 59.95 59.82
1280x1024 85.02 75.02 60.02
1400x900 59.96 59.88
1280x960 85.00 60.00
1440x810 60.00 59.97
1368x768 59.88 59.85
1280x800 59.99 59.97 59.81 59.91
1152x864 75.00
1280x720 60.00 59.99 59.86 59.74
1024x768 85.00 75.05 60.04 85.00 75.03 70.07
60.00
1024x768i 86.96
960x720 85.00 75.00 60.00
928x696 75.00 60.05
896x672 75.05 60.01
1024x576 59.95 59.96 59.90 59.82
960x600 59.93 60.00
832x624 74.55
960x540 59.96 59.99 59.63 59.82
800x600 85.00 75.00 70.00 65.00 60.00 85.14
72.19 75.00 60.32 56.25
840x525 60.01 59.88
864x486 59.92 59.57
700x525 74.76 59.98
800x450 59.95 59.82
640x512 85.02 75.02 60.02
700x450 59.96 59.88
640x480 85.09 60.00 85.01 72.81 75.00 59.94
720x405 59.51 58.99
720x400 85.04
684x384 59.88 59.85
640x400 59.88 59.98 85.08
576x432 75.00
640x360 59.86 59.83 59.84 59.32
640x350 85.08
512x384 85.00 75.03 70.07 60.00
512x384i 87.06
512x288 60.00 59.92
416x312 74.66
480x270 59.63 59.82
400x300 85.27 72.19 75.12 60.32 56.34
432x243 59.92 59.57
320x240 85.18 72.81 75.00 60.05
360x202 59.51 59.13
360x200 85.04
320x200 85.27
320x180 59.84 59.32
320x175 85.27
DP-1 disconnected (normal left inverted right x axis y axis)
DP-2 disconnected (normal left inverted right x axis y axis)
Re: Wine problems [ In reply to ]
Finally got it to work.
I added the working xorg.conf for nvidia prime as an attachment.
Maybe it will help someone else too.
Please tell me if you see anything in it that shouldn't be there.
Thanks to all who helped me with this.

--
Linux-gentoo-x86_64-Intel-R-_Core-TM-_i5-7400_CPU_@_3.00GHz

COMMON_FLAGS="-O3 -pipe -march=native -ftree-vectorize -ffast-math
-funswitch-loops -fuse-linker-plugin -flto -fdevirtualize-at-ltrans
-fno-plt -fno-semantic-interposition -fno-common -falign-functions=32
-fgraphite-identity -floop-nest-optimize"

USE="-* git verify-sig rsync-verify man alsa X grub ssl ipv6 lto
libressl olde-gentoo asm native-symlinks threads jit jumbo-build minimal
strip system-man"

INSTALL_MASK="/etc/systemd /lib/systemd /usr/lib/systemd
/usr/lib/modules-load.d /usr/lib/tmpfiles.d *tmpfiles* /var/lib/dbus
/lib/udev /usr/share/icons /usr/share/applications
/usr/share/gtk-3.0/emoji"

1 2  View All