Mailing List Archive

SFP eeprom dumps
Does any one know of a source/file containing the eeprom dumps for sfp and sfp+ optical network modules?  I know it's out there but I haven't had any luck finding it through search engines etc.

With these files any sfp (especially those designed for universal use) will work with any router/ethernet card (after reflashing the eeprom, the modules are all built to the same specs and only differentiated by the eeprom data about speed and reserved areas, though some are encrypted).

If I have the files they can be easily reflashed while plugged into nearly any sfp/sfp+ network card, as well as being able to read the original data for backup.  In linux ethtool can do this.

Any help/tips would be greatly appreciated, I'm mostly looking for HP/HPE and DELL dumps as those are the cards I'll be using.  Thanks, I'm sure somone on this list is geeky enough to know this.