ERROR: preinst

Installation of a symlink is blocked by a directory:
'/etc/x2go/xinitrc.d'
This symlink will be merged with a different name:
'/etc/x2go/xinitrc.d.backup.0000'

What does it mean?

--
Thelma
Re: net-misc/x2goserver-4.1.0.3-r2 [ In reply to ]
Am Sat, Jul 15, 2023 at 08:50:47AM -0600 schrieb thelma@sys-concept.com:
> x2goserver emerged with notice:
>
> ERROR: preinst
>
> Installation of a symlink is blocked by a directory:
> '/etc/x2go/xinitrc.d'
> This symlink will be merged with a different name:
> '/etc/x2go/xinitrc.d.backup.0000'
>
> What does it mean?

Probably that it wants to install a symlink called /etc/x2go/xinitrc.d, but
you already have a directory at this location. And now you have this symlink
with the stated different name.

--
Grüße | Greetings | Qapla’
Please do not share anything from, with or about me on any social network.

“If you enjoy wasting time, is that time really wasted?” – Philosoraptor