Mailing List Archive

disable password wait time
I forgot, how to disable password wait time 10min when wrong password is entered.
Where is the setting?
Re: disable password wait time [ In reply to ]
thelma@sys-concept.com wrote:
> I forgot, how to disable password wait time 10min when wrong password
> is entered.
> Where is the setting?

Check here:

/etc/login.defs

Hope that helps.

Dale

:-)  :-)
Re: disable password wait time [ In reply to ]
On 6/27/23 00:05, Dale wrote:
> thelma@sys-concept.com wrote:
>> I forgot, how to disable password wait time 10min when wrong password
>> is entered.
>> Where is the setting?
>>

> Check here:
>
> /etc/login.defs
>
> Hope that helps.
>
> Dale
>
> :-)  :-)

I'm not sure if it is the correct but setting in: /etc/security/faillock.conf
deny = 0

Solved the problem.
Re: disable password wait time [ In reply to ]
thelma@sys-concept.com wrote:
> On 6/27/23 00:05, Dale wrote:
>> thelma@sys-concept.com wrote:
>>> I forgot, how to disable password wait time 10min when wrong password
>>> is entered.
>>> Where is the setting?
>>>

>> Check here:
>>
>> /etc/login.defs
>>
>> Hope that helps.
>>
>> Dale
>>
>> :-)  :-)
>
> I'm not sure if it is the correct but setting in:
> /etc/security/faillock.conf
> deny = 0
>
> Solved the problem.

When I was searching some more after my reply, I noticed it is in
different places depending on what you use for security/passwords.  I
think I use pam here.  You may be using something else.

Oddly, I don't recall seeing the one you said worked anywhere tho.  So,
it appears there is quite a few places that setting can be, even if
google doesn't know it.  lol

Glad you got it working.  That's what matters.

Dale

:-)  :-)