Though, I notice that the first system mail.log file has:
from=<root@white-domain.com>

The two other systems (that bounce the mail) have:

from=<>

Where is the setting for "from <>"

I use command line to test the mail.

--
Thelma
Re: postfix - error sending mail [ In reply to ]
On 6/21/23 15:25, thelma@sys-concept.com wrote:
> I configured remote systems postfix to relay email via my connection, the setting on all 3-systems are identical in postfix/main.cf
>
> Once system is working correctly, relaying the mail via my "relayhost"
> Two other system giving me an error in log file:
>
> "External senders are prohibited to send to local recipients without authentication"
>
> Authentication is the same as on the first system that is working.
> Though, I notice that the first system mail.log file has:
> from=<root@white-domain.com>
>
> The two other systems (that bounce the mail) have:
>
> from=<>
>
> Where is the setting for "from <>"
>
> I use command line to test the mail.

When I use:
mailto
To: user@destination.com
Subject: testing i5
test
EOT

When I login as root and send this test mail; it it shows "from: root@doamin.com"
Where is the "root"comes from? How to change it, control it?
Re: postfix - error sending mail [ In reply to ]
On Thursday, June 22, 2023 1:19:58 AM CEST thelma@sys-concept.com wrote:
> On 6/21/23 15:25, thelma@sys-concept.com wrote:
> > I configured remote systems postfix to relay email via my connection, the
> > setting on all 3-systems are identical in postfix/main.cf
> >
> > Once system is working correctly, relaying the mail via my "relayhost"
> > Two other system giving me an error in log file:
> >
> > "External senders are prohibited to send to local recipients without
> > authentication"
> >
> > Authentication is the same as on the first system that is working.
> > Though, I notice that the first system mail.log file has:
> > from=<root@white-domain.com>
> >
> > The two other systems (that bounce the mail) have:
> >
> > from=<>
> >
> > Where is the setting for "from <>"
> >
> > I use command line to test the mail.
>
> When I use:
> mailto
> To: user@destination.com
> Subject: testing i5
> test
> EOT
>
> When I login as root and send this test mail; it it shows "from:
> root@doamin.com" Where is the "root"comes from? How to change it, control
> it?

The "root" is the user you use when sending the email.

What is the full commandline you use to send this?
Which local mail client do you use for testing?

And I would recommend you do a diff to compare the entire "/etc" tree between
the working and a non-working gateway.

--
Joost
Re: postfix - error sending mail [ In reply to ]
Thank u

David