So all those linux email notification stop working, what is the solution?

--
Thelma
Re: SMTP relay settings with Telus [ In reply to ]
On Sun, 11 Jun 2023 00:10:15 -0600
thelma@sys-concept.com wrote:

> Just switched to Telus from Shaw and for some reason, there either
> isn't a working SMTP relay

Not quite sure what the issue is. Were you using the Shaw mail servers
as you MX host? Or are you having issues with connecting to your mail
server through Telus?

> So all those linux email notification stop working, what is the
> solution?

We don't have enough information to answer that, unless someone has
gone through the same situation as you're going through. We'll need
more information about exactly what is going on.
Re: SMTP relay settings with Telus [ In reply to ]
On 6/11/23 14:58, Jigme Datse wrote:
> On Sun, 11 Jun 2023 00:10:15 -0600
> thelma@sys-concept.com wrote:
>
>> Just switched to Telus from Shaw and for some reason, there either
>> isn't a working SMTP relay
>
> Not quite sure what the issue is. Were you using the Shaw mail servers
> as you MX host? Or are you having issues with connecting to your mail
> server through Telus?

Yes, I was using Shaw for my remote and local system to send emails to me after compilation and system notification.
So after switching to Telus, it all ended.

>> So all those linux email notification stop working, what is the
>> solution?
>
> We don't have enough information to answer that, unless someone has
> gone through the same situation as you're going through. We'll need
> more information about exactly what is going on.

I've tried configure remote host to send email via Google SMTP but it doesn't work either:

main.cf
relayhost = [smtp.gmail.com]:587
smtp_sasl_auth_enable = yes
smtp_sasl_password_maps = hash:/etc/postfix/saslpass
smtp_tls_CAfile = /etc/ssl/certs/ca-certificates.crt
smtp_use_tls = yes

/etc/postfix/saslpass
[smtp.gmail.com]:587 email@gmail.com:password

But the above is not working either.