#EggCrisis #BlackWinter
White is the new Kulak.
Powers are not rights.
Re: Steam. [ In reply to ]
On Thu, 2023-06-01 at 15:18 -0400, Alan Grimes wrote:
> I haven't been able to run steam on my machine for about 2 weeks now. No
> idea what the cause is, reported to Valve's Github page. Current symptom
> is that window opens but driving thread stalls out or ??? and UI
> freezes, needs to be closed from console. First symptoms appeared after
> a game crash and were not cured by a cold boot.

I'm assuming you're using the package from the steam-meta repository.
Do you get the same result using the flatpak? In other words, is the
problem account-specific or package specific?

Alternatively, try moving (renaming) ~/.local/share/Steam and then
starting the client. That should let it start "fresh".