--
Sincerely,
Jamie
Re: Fixing my font config [ In reply to ]
On Thursday, 2 February 2023 07:34:31 GMT Jamie Getty wrote:
> Hey everyone. I was playing around and tried enabling literally all the
> fonts that appeared in fontconfig. I'd like to change it back, but I don't
> know what the default fonts were.
> Can somebody who hasn't made major changes to their fontconfig please share
> their enabled fonts?

I don't know if this will work, but you can take a backup of your current
fontonfig output and then re-emerge your fonts with '--oneshot --noconfmem'.
You can run 'eix -I font' to find out what font packages you have currently
installed.
Re: Fixing my font config [ In reply to ]
Oddly enough I just reinstalled on a new nvme over the weekend. I
haven't had time to mess with fonts and this is what the default
settings are (as I haven't changed anything):

$ eselect fontconfig list
Available fontconfig .conf files (* is enabled):
[1] 05-reset-dirs-sample.conf
[2] 09-autohint-if-no-hinting.conf
[3] 10-autohint.conf
[4] 10-hinting-full.conf
[5] 10-hinting-medium.conf
[6] 10-hinting-none.conf
[7] 10-hinting-slight.conf *
[8] 10-no-sub-pixel.conf
[9] 10-scale-bitmap-fonts.conf *
[10] 10-sub-pixel-bgr.conf
[11] 10-sub-pixel-rgb.conf
[12] 10-sub-pixel-vbgr.conf
[13] 10-sub-pixel-vrgb.conf
[14] 10-unhinted.conf
[15] 11-lcdfilter-default.conf *
[16] 11-lcdfilter-legacy.conf
[17] 11-lcdfilter-light.conf
[18] 20-unhint-small-dejavu-sans.conf
[19] 20-unhint-small-dejavu-sans-mono.conf
[20] 20-unhint-small-dejavu-serif.conf
[21] 20-unhint-small-vera.conf *
[22] 25-unhint-nonlatin.conf
[23] 30-metric-aliases.conf *