So what's the special connection between PyCharm and Vim that it
should be the only thing mentioned in the "see also" section?

Why not a a similar link to emacs?
Re: What's the connection between PyCharm and Vim? [ In reply to ]
Probably because pycharm's got vim compatibility in its editor, and
does not have emacs compatibility in its editor

Re: What's the connection between PyCharm and Vim? [ In reply to ]
On 2022-11-01, Miles Malone <m.malone@homicidalteddybear.net> wrote:

> Probably because pycharm's got vim compatibility in its editor, and
> does not have emacs compatibility in its editor

Huh?

In Settings/Keymap, the choices are:

XWin
Emacs
GNOME
KDE
Sublime Text
Windows

I have it set to emacs, and it seems to work as my fingers expect. [My
fingers have been using emacs for 35 years.]

--
Grant