in b.g.o and my google-fu is failing me on this.

Many thanks,

Joost
Re: gentoo-sources-5.15.59 un-keyworded? [ In reply to ]
On 2022-09-23 10:28+0200 "J. Roeleveld" <joost@antarean.org> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Is there a specific reason why the keywords (apart from hppa) have
> been removed from gentoo-sources-5.15.59?
>
> I am seeing some issues with systems running this version, but not
> all. And as this is recent, I don't have an older kernel to quickly
> fall back to. Currently working on testing different versions to see
> if it is the kernel.
>
> If anyone knows why this was done, please let me know. I couldn't
> find anything in b.g.o and my google-fu is failing me on this.

Judging by the git log[1] and `eshowkw sys-kernel/gentoo-sources`[2], it
looks like it was part of a cleanup, a lot of old kernels were dropped.
5.15.59 presumably wasn't dropped because it's the latest stable on
hppa. I guess the other arches were unkeyworded to keep the list of
supported kernels somewhat reasonable.

Kind regards, tastytea

[1] <https://cgit.gentoo.org/repo/gentoo.git/log/sys-kernel/gentoo-sources>
[2] from app-portage/gentoolkit