If not, would somebody please help me?

Regards,

herbert
Re: Accidently removed file - how to ge it back [ In reply to ]
2008/8/26 Herbert Laubner <hlaubner@online.de>

> Hi all,
>
> I accidently removed
>
> /usr/portage/profiles/default-linux/amd64/make.defaults
>
> Will it get reinstalled on the next ermerge --sync?

Only if the dev change something...i think :D

> If not, would somebody please help me?
>
> Regards,
>
> herbert

You can extract that file from a stage3.tar.gz.

Cheers!
Re: Accidently removed file - how to ge it back [ In reply to ]
Ale schrieb:

> 2008/8/26 Herbert Laubner <hlaubner@online.de <mailto:hlaubner@online.de>>
>
> Hi all,
>
> I accidently removed
>
> /usr/portage/profiles/default-linux/amd64/make.defaults
>
> Will it get reinstalled on the next ermerge --sync?
>

> Only if the dev change something...i think :D
>

> If not, would somebody please help me?
>
> Regards,
>
> herbert
>

> You can extract that file from a stage3.tar.gz.
>
> Cheers!
Think it is in the portage tarball.
Re: Accidently removed file - how to ge it back [ In reply to ]
There you go ;)

Re: Accidently removed file - how to ge it back [ In reply to ]
Sorry, I sent the attachment by mistake to the list.

Re: Accidently removed file - how to ge it back [ In reply to ]
Nevertheless,

I got it.

Thanks,
Herbert

Re: Accidently removed file - how to ge it back [ In reply to ]
On Dienstag, 26. August 2008, Herbert Laubner wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I accidently removed
>
> /usr/portage/profiles/default-linux/amd64/make.defaults
>
> Will it get reinstalled on the next ermerge --sync?

yes
Re: Accidently removed file - how to ge it back [ In reply to ]
Volker Armin Hemmann <volker.armin.hemmann@tu-clausthal.de> posted
200808262030.51012.volker.armin.hemmann@tu-clausthal.de, excerpted below,
on Tue, 26 Aug 2008 20:30:50 +0200:

> On Dienstag, 26. August 2008, Herbert Laubner wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I accidently removed
>>
>> /usr/portage/profiles/default-linux/amd64/make.defaults
>>
>> Will it get reinstalled on the next ermerge --sync?
>
> yes

Yes, it should, unless of course it leaves portage so borked it won't
sync. But as part of the tree, it shouldn't, since the whole tree should
be removable, taking a simple sync to return it.

Re: Re: Accidently removed file - how to ge it back [ In reply to ]
On Mittwoch, 27. August 2008, Duncan wrote:
> Volker Armin Hemmann <volker.armin.hemmann@tu-clausthal.de> posted
> 200808262030.51012.volker.armin.hemmann@tu-clausthal.de, excerpted below,
>
> on Tue, 26 Aug 2008 20:30:50 +0200:
> > On Dienstag, 26. August 2008, Herbert Laubner wrote:
> >> Hi all,
> >>
> >> I accidently removed
> >>
> >> /usr/portage/profiles/default-linux/amd64/make.defaults
> >>
> >> Will it get reinstalled on the next ermerge --sync?
> >
> > yes
>
> Yes, it should, unless of course it leaves portage so borked it won't
> sync. But as part of the tree, it shouldn't, since the whole tree should
> be removable, taking a simple sync to return it.

just remove /usr/portage, mkdir /usr/portage, sync - and everything is back.
Everything in /usr/portage is very non-essential and can be restored with a
simple emerge --sync.