Mailing List Archive

ERROR: Last Trap: Fast Data Access MMU Miss
Hi After succesfully botting 2007.1 sparc64 livecd
and installing the system, i fail to boot it

Sun Fire T200, No Keyboard
Copyright 2007 Sun Microsystems, Inc. All rights reserved.
OpenBoot 4.26.1, 32640 MB memory available, Serial #75947084.
Ethernet address 0:14:4f:86:dc:4c, Host ID: 8486dc4c.

Boot device: /pci@780/pci@0/pci@9/scsi@0/disk@0 File and args:
SILO Version 1.4.13
boot: boot:
Allocated 8 Megs of memory at 0x40000000 for kernel
Loaded kernel version 2.6.22

Remapping the kernel... done.
Booting Linux...
ERROR: Last Trap: Fast Data Access MMU Miss

{1} ok

After googling this seems to be a very generic error and i could not
find a solution. I've also tried hard reboot.

Since the livecd also have 2.6.22 i'm wondering if this due to that i
made some bad choices during kernel configuration, and what to look for in
the kernel config?

Thanks
Alex
Re: ERROR: Last Trap: Fast Data Access MMU Miss [ In reply to ]
In the meantime i'll take the livecd kernel config from /proc/config.gz
and recomile my kernel with this config and see if it boots.

Re: ERROR: Last Trap: Fast Data Access MMU Miss [ In reply to ]
Hi,

I get those errors (ERROR: Last Trap: Fast Data Access MMU Miss)
everytime DIMMS get f*ck up on our servers, not thaaaaaat often but at
least that's the situation I'm aware of..

HTH

Re: Re: ERROR: Last Trap: Fast Data Access MMU Miss [ In reply to ]
Yeah, I get all sort of weirdness when the RAM/RAM Slots goes bad in my e450.

Re: Re: ERROR: Last Trap: Fast Data Access MMU Miss [ In reply to ]
Well this is not my case since the live cd boots.
I just recomiled the kernel with livecd config i took from /proc/config.gz
and the installed system boots ok. So this seems to be to generic error
message :)
I'll check later what kernel config option has caused it.

Alex

On Wed, 28 Nov 2007, Dereck Martin wrote:

> Yeah, I get all sort of weirdness when the RAM/RAM Slots goes bad in my e450.
>
> Javier O. Augusto wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I get those errors (ERROR: Last Trap: Fast Data Access MMU Miss)
>> everytime DIMMS get f*ck up on our servers, not thaaaaaat often but at
>> least that's the situation I'm aware of..
>>
>> HTH
>>

>> On Wed, 2007-11-28 at 15:50 +0200, Alexander Piavka wrote:
>> > In the meantime i'll take the livecd kernel config from /proc/config.gz
>> > and recomile my kernel with this config and see if it boots.

_.-..
`-.| Piavlo `.
\, Alexander \)
|// `-,//