Mailing List Archive

RE: Problem booting SPARC64 installcd on Blade2500systems
Max wrote:
> I am basing this diagnosis on the fact that I can boot any
> kernel before version 2.6.14, which was when this change was
> merged, with all more recent kernels (up to
> git-sources-2.6.19_rc1-r3) failing with similar but random
> error messages. Whilst there were other changes which could
> have caused this issue it seems like more than a coincidence
> to me that this problem appeared in the same version as a
> re-write of the SPARC64 boot-up sequence.

I've had this same problem on my Ultra 2 for most of the newer
vanilla kernels, however 2.6.18-gentoo-1 at least works for me.

One thing I did do differently between the -vanilla and -gentoo
source configs was to completely disable all kernel debugging
in the -gentoo build.

-Leif