Mailing List Archive

keyboard maps

Re: keyboard maps [ In reply to ]
Hi,

I assume you'll have to adjust your KEYMAP variable
in /etc/conf.d/keymaps

Setting it to "sunkeymap" should do the trick. (though I currently
don't have linux-equipped sun handy).

Greetings,
Fabian
Re: keyboard maps [ In reply to ]
On Fri, 2006-02-24 at 14:49 +0100, Fabian Hänsel wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I assume you'll have to adjust your KEYMAP variable
> in /etc/conf.d/keymaps
>
> Setting it to "sunkeymap" should do the trick. (though I currently
> don't have linux-equipped sun handy).

Actually, for a 2.6 kernel, KEYMAP should be "us". On a 2.6 kernel, sun
keyboards appear as regular 'ole PC keyboards.

This holds true even for X configuration. From the relevant sections of
my xorg.conf:

Section "InputDevice"
Identifier "Keyboard0"
Driver "kbd"
Option "XkbModel" "pc105"
Option "XkbLayout" "us"
EndSection

chance

Re: keyboard maps [ In reply to ]
Chance <chance2105@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, 2006-02-24 at 14:49 +0100, Fabian Hänsel wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I assume you'll have to adjust your KEYMAP variable
> > in /etc/conf.d/keymaps
> >
> > Setting it to "sunkeymap" should do the trick. (though I currently
> > don't have linux-equipped sun handy).
> >

> Actually, for a 2.6 kernel, KEYMAP should be "us". On a 2.6 kernel,
> sun keyboards appear as regular 'ole PC keyboards.

I'm not sure about this (no sun with linux handy) but I assumed that at
least in past times one had to set it to "sunkeymap" for sun type
$anything keyboards and to "us" for usb ones (with no matter of kernel
version). I could be wrong ;-)

> This holds true even for X configuration. From the relevant sections
> of my xorg.conf:

Do you have an usb keyboard?

Greetings,

Fabian