everytime if the 2.6.x is booting, it freezes at:

I don't see the usual INIT message, it doesn't start the boot runlevel.
It freezes very serious, I can reboot it only after a power-off.

But if I boot with the 2.4.32 then it works pretty well!!!

Have you met this problem earlier?
Any hints, ideas are welcome!
Best Regards,
Peter

Re: gentoo on sun v210 running 2.6.x freezes at boot [ In reply to ]
Hi Peter,

We see the same problems with the V240 (same board, different case). Dave Miller
(the linux sparc kernel maintainer) does not have access to a similar box, so at
this point, Send Patches. We are having good luck with 2.4.32 except for a few
minor issues.

Josh

Re: gentoo on sun v210 running 2.6.x freezes at boot [ In reply to ]
> We see the same problems with the V240 (same board, different case). Dave Miller
> (the linux sparc kernel maintainer) does not have access to a similar box, so at
> this point, Send Patches. We are having good luck with 2.4.32 except for a few
> minor issues.
and can you make ethernet bridging with 2.4.3x ?
i compiled my kernel with the bridge support, downloaded the
bridge-utils v1.0.6 and it requires the 2.6.x series kernel headers :(((
since bridge-utils 1.x the 2.6.x kernel is needed... i think.
older 0.9.7 versions are compiled fine but i get this message:

#./brctl addbr bri
Get bridge indices failed: Operation not supported
can't setup bridge control: Operation not supported

if I compile it in module, i get the same :(

has anyone experience using bridge in 2.4.x?
Peter

Re: gentoo on sun v210 running 2.6.x freezes at boot [ In reply to ]
We are not doing bridging, no. I'd contemplate that the issues are with 32bit
interfaces not existing for it though. A solution would be to use a 64 bit
static brctl binary. I'll see if I still have a 64 bit userland around.

Josh

Re: gentoo on sun v210 running 2.6.x freezes at boot [ In reply to ]
> We are not doing bridging, no. I'd contemplate that the issues are with 32bit
> interfaces not existing for it though. A solution would be to use a 64 bit
> static brctl binary. I'll see if I still have a 64 bit userland around.
how to make a 64bit static brctl binary at kernel 2.4.32?

I can't compile the current bridge-utils with 2.4.x :(
bye
peter