the patch is from 4/20 by Dave Miller, and was reposted to G-S on 4/22
by Ferris. [re: Weird mouse behaviour]

Also, what was the outcome of the kernel/irq.c patch (should_forward=0) ?
Is that something that we should be testing more 'actively'?

I only ask because I'm gearing up to build -r7 and test it out, but
before I do, I wanted to verify these last couple of patches and
apply or not, depending on their status.

Leif
Re: gentoo sources 2.6.11 -r7 (diff from -r6) [ In reply to ]
Re: gentoo sources 2.6.11 -r7 (diff from -r6) [ In reply to ]
On Thu, 2005-05-05 at 10:06 -0800, Leif Sawyer wrote:
> the patch is from 4/20 by Dave Miller, and was reposted to G-S on 4/22
> by Ferris. [re: Weird mouse behaviour]

I use a USB mouse, so I haven't tested it out and haven't merged it into
g-d-s. If I get any positive feedback on its effect, I'll include it in
the next 2.6.11-rX, but I think 2.6.12 might be out before we need one.

> Also, what was the outcome of the kernel/irq.c patch (should_forward=0) ?
> Is that something that we should be testing more 'actively'?

This has greatly improved my u2's stability when smp and has been merged
for the next g-d-s-2.6.11 release. I still have an oops when halting
the system, but I haven't had time to look into that more closely. This
patch is also merged into mainline.

> I only ask because I'm gearing up to build -r7 and test it out, but
> before I do, I wanted to verify these last couple of patches and
> apply or not, depending on their status.

If you need their functionality, then feel free to apply them manually.

--Jeremy