http://www.realss.com.cn
技术服务电话: 0086 592 2086411
Technical Contact: 0086 592 2086411

Re: alternative arch? [ In reply to ]
韡武 张 wrote:

>Hello? Just wish to know if there is alternative arch hardware product
>(non-x86 computer) that Gentoo Linux runs fine on it, also this product need
>to be as speedy as a typical 1GHz Pentium III, and it must not be
>secondhand/used product.
>
>I can find dozes of UltraSparc box that has similar speed, but they are all
>secondhand/used products. I am thinking if there are POWER CPU product
>(better not Apple) that has similiar speed and also have new units available
>for sale.

I just took a look at Pegasos II Motherboards.

I can hardly calculate how much computation power does a Pegasos II with
600MHz G3 processor equal to. Is PPC CPU faster or slower than Pentium
in same clock-frequency? How does 600MHz G3 PPC compare to 1GHz Pentium
III? Can anyone give a hint? Our application is mostly CPU focused
(little i/o), so I only care CPU speed most.