Will Gentoo be picking up sparc32 ever again?

Thanks,
Heitzso

Re: linux on sparc32 [ In reply to ]

heh, you and I are actually in the same boat. I'm messing with a dual
hypersparc ss20 right now, too.

Try the non-smp gentoo kernel on gustov's livecd. That should get you
working... then emerge gcc-2.95.3 and use it to build a 2.4.21 kernel
with smp. I read somewhere that it was a fairly decent SMP kernel for
hypersparc, so it's what I've been using. 2.4.25 (which is the other
kernel on the livecd) didn't work for me even when I compiled it myself.
2.2 was better for this hardware, so I'm trying to get 2.2. up and
running on my box instead. If you want to go this route, you'll need to
recompile glibc to support 2.2 kernels first. You can do this by
setting LT_KERNEL_VERSION in your /etc/make.conf. I set it to '2.0.36'
just in case I wanted to drop down to a 2.0 kernel. I haven't tried the
2.2 kernel yet becasue I havne't gotten around to making the initrd for
it yet (my root device is software raid, and 2.2 didn't have autostart
for md devices).

--Jeremy