questions about doing an install.

Thanks,
Mark
Re: Mac Mini PPC - Is this the right list? [ In reply to ]
yep, you got the right list. it's kind of slow, but someone will answer your
question

On Tue, Apr 15, 2008 at 9:57 PM, Mark Knecht <markknecht@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
> I'm starting to look into putting Gentoo on our older PowerPC-based
> Mac Mini. I wanted to know if this is the right list to ask a few
> questions about doing an install.
>
> Thanks,
> Mark

#Terin
Re: Mac Mini PPC - Is this the right list? [ In reply to ]

On Wed, Apr 16, 2008 at 9:29 AM, Terin Stock <terinstock@bellsouth.net> wrote:
> yep, you got the right list. it's kind of slow, but someone will answer your
> question

Thanks Terin,
I got a little bored waiting for a response so I got started on my
install. Things are going fine so far. I'm into the chroot and
downloading a new kernel now.

This is my first PPC machine. I have used Gentoo for years as a
user type so I've probably built 30 x86 boxes but never a PPC so I
wasn't sure how to configure the kernel by hand so I swiped the
/proc/config.gz fine from the CD boot environment and pushed it down
into the chroot to use to configure my first PPC kernel. Does that
sound reasonable for a Mac Mini? I ran make oldconfig and just hit
enter until it finished. I figured if that kernel config could boot
the machine from the CD it should be OK for a first kernel from the
hard drive. Would you agree?

Cheers,
Mark
Re: Mac Mini PPC - Is this the right list? [ In reply to ]
> This is my first PPC machine. I have used Gentoo for years as a
> user type so I've probably built 30 x86 boxes but never a PPC so I
> wasn't sure how to configure the kernel by hand so I swiped the
> /proc/config.gz fine from the CD boot environment and pushed it down
> into the chroot to use to configure my first PPC kernel. Does that
> sound reasonable for a Mac Mini? I ran make oldconfig and just hit
> enter until it finished. I figured if that kernel config could boot
> the machine from the CD it should be OK for a first kernel from the
> hard drive. Would you agree

the gentoo handbook tells you how to configure the kernel.

http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/handbook/handbook-ppc.xml?part=1&chap=7

Code Listing 3.1: Invoking menuconfig

# cd /usr/src/linux
# make pmac32_defconfig
# make menuconfig

the default enables most if not all the ppc options you might need.
after you get it working you will probably want to start removing some.

matt
Re: Mac Mini PPC - Is this the right list? [ In reply to ]
On Wed, Apr 16, 2008 at 1:15 PM, matt hull <mattmatteh@mac.com> wrote:

> This is my first PPC machine. I have used Gentoo for years as a
> user type so I've probably built 30 x86 boxes but never a PPC so I
> wasn't sure how to configure the kernel by hand so I swiped the
> /proc/config.gz fine from the CD boot environment and pushed it down
> into the chroot to use to configure my first PPC kernel. Does that
> sound reasonable for a Mac Mini? I ran make oldconfig and just hit
> enter until it finished. I figured if that kernel config could boot
> the machine from the CD it should be OK for a first kernel from the
> hard drive. Would you agree
> the gentoo handbook tells you how to configure the kernel.
>
> http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/handbook/handbook-ppc.xml?part=1&chap=7
>
> Code Listing 3.1: Invoking menuconfig
>

> # cd /usr/src/linux
> # make pmac32_defconfig
> # make menuconfig
>
> the default enables most if not all the ppc options you might need. after
> you get it working you will probably want to start removing some.
>
> matt

Thanks Matt. I have the system built and running at this point. I had
some trouble with yaboot, and still am to some extent, but the machine
is booting and I can ssh in so I'm in pretty good shape at this point.

My question at this time is how to append kernel boot options in
/etc/yaboot.conf. When I boot the apple kernel from the Gentoo CD then
when it switches to (I guess) the framebuffer where I see Tux the text
on my monitor is jerky and not too readable. However if I use the
suggested version

apple video=ofonly

then the text is fine. Scanning around on the web I found this example
of how to do the same thing in yaboot.conf:

image=/boot/kernel-2.4.26-gentoo-r3
label=2.4.26-gentoo-r3
root=/dev/hda4
append="video=ofonly"
read-only

I have added this to my /etc/yaboot.conf file but the video is still
jumping around and isn't too readable.

None the less the machine is completely up and running and doing an
emerge -DuN system so this machine, which has sat on the shelf
untouched for over a year, is not usable hardware thanks to Gentoo.

Cheers,
Mark
Re: Mac Mini PPC - Is this the right list? [ In reply to ]
apple kernel ? that would be darwin. i think you mean linux kernel ?

i dont append any kernel options. you want open firmware framebuffer
and radeonfb or nvidiafb compiled in the kernel. not sure if
enabling the edid or ddc options will help. i dont have a mac mini,
just 2 ibook g4's, not sure how different they are.

matt

there is also #gentoo-powerpc on freenode too :)

Re: Mac Mini PPC - Is this the right list? [ In reply to ]
On Wed, Apr 16, 2008 at 3:59 PM, matt hull <mattmatteh@mac.com> wrote:

> apple kernel ? that would be darwin. i think you mean linux kernel ?

Well, yes, it's a Linux kernel but named 'apple' I think. The
instructions you see when you boot from the Gentoo 2007.0 universal
install CD say to execute essentially one of these two commands:

boot: apple

or

boot: apple video=ofonly

when I boot without ofonly I get messed up text.

I've got OpenFirmware frame buffer, nvidia and ATI compiled in. EDID
also. The machine is acting like it's just not choosing them, assuming
the problem I'm seeing is the same one I see booting the kernel on the
install CD. How does one make the kernel choose or not choose the FB
at boot time? I'm familiar with doing this stuff in grub but this is
my first experience with yaboot.

My kernel is 2.6.24-gentoo-r3. It boots fine and the machine is
working great at least from an ssh session where I'm not looking at
this frame buffer stuff. that's fine for the next day or two as I let
it build stuff I might want to run on it.

Note that if it matters I had to use the 2007.0 CD since the current
ISO image for the 2008.0 beta is too large to fit on a 700MB CD-R, at
least according to K3b. I don't have any larger CD-Rs available right
now.

The processor in this machine is a 7447A, clock-1.5GHz. lspci says
it's a RV280 [Radeon 9200] graphics chip.

Thanks,
Mark

Re: Mac Mini PPC - Is this the right list? [ In reply to ]
On Apr 16, 2008, at 6:19 PM, Mark Knecht wrote:

> On Wed, Apr 16, 2008 at 3:59 PM, matt hull <mattmatteh@mac.com> wrote:
>>
>> apple kernel ? that would be darwin. i think you mean linux
>> kernel ?
>
> Well, yes, it's a Linux kernel but named 'apple' I think. The
> instructions you see when you boot from the Gentoo 2007.0 universal
> install CD say to execute essentially one of these two commands:
>
> boot: apple
>
> or
>
> boot: apple video=ofonly
>
> when I boot without ofonly I get messed up text.
>
> I've got OpenFirmware frame buffer, nvidia and ATI compiled in. EDID
> also. The machine is acting like it's just not choosing them, assuming
> the problem I'm seeing is the same one I see booting the kernel on the
> install CD. How does one make the kernel choose or not choose the FB
> at boot time? I'm familiar with doing this stuff in grub but this is
> my first experience with yaboot.
>
> My kernel is 2.6.24-gentoo-r3. It boots fine and the machine is
> working great at least from an ssh session where I'm not looking at
> this frame buffer stuff. that's fine for the next day or two as I let
> it build stuff I might want to run on it.
>
> Note that if it matters I had to use the 2007.0 CD since the current
> ISO image for the 2008.0 beta is too large to fit on a 700MB CD-R, at
> least according to K3b. I don't have any larger CD-Rs available right
> now.
>
> The processor in this machine is a 7447A, clock-1.5GHz. lspci says
> it's a RV280 [Radeon 9200] graphics chip

if you have radeon why do you have nvidiafb comiled in ?

boot with these 3 combinations: ofonly, radeonfb, {none} then for
each, cat /proc/fb and cat /sys/class/graphics/fb0/name. if the
screen is un readable, then ssh in and find out.

also, i assume you are using dvvi with that mac mini. i think those
have only dvi ?

the large cd that is 700+ MB has all the packages on it i think. i
always use the smallest one and just download the packages. ( i have
a package cache on my file server so its fast)

i dont use k3b, cdrecord. if the cd were bad or wrong, you would not
get this far :)

matt
Re: Mac Mini PPC - Is this the right list? [ In reply to ]
On Wed, Apr 16, 2008 at 5:06 PM, matt hull <mattmatteh@mac.com> wrote:

> if you have radeon why do you have nvidiafb comiled in ?

Going back to the original statement I made when I started this thread
- I had never built a PPC kernel before so instead of creating my own
configuration I simply started with the config file that was used by
the kernel on the install CD. I can always take things out later. All
I was trying to do today was to get the machine to boot and start an
emerge -DuN world, and I did that much anyway.

> boot with these 3 combinations: ofonly, radeonfb, {none} then for each,
> cat /proc/fb and cat /sys/class/graphics/fb0/name. if the screen is un
> readable, then ssh in and find out.

Will do. The machine is busy for the rest of the evening so that will
be tomorrow. Booting with {none} using the install kernel is the same
problem I'm having booting my kernel so your idea about saving this
data is good. thanks.

> also, i assume you are using dvvi with that mac mini. i think those have
> only dvi ?

No, I'm using VGA. My Mini came with a little unit that screws into
the DVI port and has a 15-pin VGA connector on the outward side to
drive a regular monitor. the monitor worked with OS X on this machine
before I blew OS X away today.

> the large cd that is 700+ MB has all the packages on it i think. i always
> use the smallest one and just download the packages. ( i have a package
> cache on my file server so its fast)

Yeah, I think that's just an oversite on the developer's part. Better
that they make a DVD iso image if they need to make it that big or
else cut out a few packages. I tried to order anything larger than
700MB last night on line and couldn't even find them. No big deal for
now. I'm done and the machine is built. From here out the CD hardly
matters. (I hope!)

> i dont use k3b, cdrecord. if the cd were bad or wrong, you would not get
> this far :)

Yep.

Thanks,
Mark

Re: Mac Mini PPC - Is this the right list? [ In reply to ]
>> also, i assume you are using dvvi with that mac mini. i think
>> those have
>> only dvi ?
>
> No, I'm using VGA. My Mini came with a little unit that screws into
> the DVI port and has a 15-pin VGA connector on the outward side to
> drive a regular monitor. the monitor worked with OS X on this machine
> before I blew OS X away today.

dvi is better if possible :)

>> the large cd that is 700+ MB has all the packages on it i think.
>> i always
>> use the smallest one and just download the packages. ( i have a
>> package
>> cache on my file server so its fast)
>
> Yeah, I think that's just an oversite on the developer's part. Better
> that they make a DVD iso image if they need to make it that big or
> else cut out a few packages. I tried to order anything larger than
> 700MB last night on line and couldn't even find them. No big deal for
> now. I'm done and the machine is built. From here out the CD hardly
> matters. (I hope!)

an iso is just a filesystem, (iso is short for iso9660), and udf is a
filesystem. you can put what ever filesystem you want on a cd or dvd.

matt
Re: Mac Mini PPC - Is this the right list? [ In reply to ]
On Wed, Apr 16, 2008 at 5:41 PM, matt hull <mattmatteh@mac.com> wrote:

> > > also, i assume you are using dvvi with that mac mini. i think those
> have
> > > only dvi ?
> > >

> > No, I'm using VGA. My Mini came with a little unit that screws into
> > the DVI port and has a 15-pin VGA connector on the outward side to
> > drive a regular monitor. the monitor worked with OS X on this machine
> > before I blew OS X away today.
> >

> dvi is better if possible :)

It's not possible today but we're getting a new TV and I run MythTV
here so I'd like this Mac Mini to become a Myth frontend machine if
possible. Not sure it will have enough power for HD playback but I'm
sure it will be find for SD.

thanks for your help. I'll check back in tomorrow with the data you
were asking about.

Cheers,
Mark
Re: Mac Mini PPC - Is this the right list? [ In reply to ]
Good morning Matt,

On Wed, Apr 16, 2008 at 5:06 PM, matt hull <mattmatteh@mac.com> wrote:
<SNIP>

> boot with these 3 combinations: ofonly, radeonfb, {none} then for each,
> cat /proc/fb and cat /sys/class/graphics/fb0/name. if the screen is un
> readable, then ssh in and find out.

Booted apple video=ofonly Screen looks good.

livecd ~ # cat /proc/fb
0 OFfb ATY,RockHo
livecd ~ # cat /sys/class/graphics/fb0/name
OFfb ATY,RockHo
livecd ~ #

Booted apple video=radeonfb Screen looks bad

livecd ~ # cat /proc/fb
0 ATI Radeon Yb
1 VGA16 VGA
livecd ~ # cat /sys/class/graphics/fb0/name
ATI Radeon Yb
livecd ~ #

Booted apple video=radeonfb Screen looks bad

livecd ~ # cat /proc/fb
0 ATI Radeon Yb
1 VGA16 VGA
livecd ~ # cat /sys/class/graphics/fb0/name
ATI Radeon Yb
livecd ~ #

So even though the chip is a Radeon it doesn't seem to be a good frame
buffer choice.

livecd ~ # lspci | grep VGA
0000:00:10.0 VGA compatible controller: ATI Technologies Inc RV280
[Radeon 9200] (rev 01)
livecd ~ #

I noticed the list of video options when I boot are:

ofonly, radeonfb, rivafb, atyfb, aty128fb, tdfxfb

so I tried all of them. The only one that works nicely is 'ofonly'.

Hopefully the info above will be enough to give me some pointers.

Thanks,
Mark
Re: Mac Mini PPC - Is this the right list? [ In reply to ]
>> boot with these 3 combinations: ofonly, radeonfb, {none} then for
>> each,
>> cat /proc/fb and cat /sys/class/graphics/fb0/name. if the screen
>> is un
>> readable, then ssh in and find out.
>>

> Booted apple video=ofonly Screen looks good.
>
> livecd ~ # cat /proc/fb
> 0 OFfb ATY,RockHo
> livecd ~ # cat /sys/class/graphics/fb0/name
> OFfb ATY,RockHo
> livecd ~ #
>

> Booted apple video=radeonfb Screen looks bad
>
> livecd ~ # cat /proc/fb
> 0 ATI Radeon Yb
> 1 VGA16 VGA
> livecd ~ # cat /sys/class/graphics/fb0/name
> ATI Radeon Yb
> livecd ~ #

i think the problem is that you are using vga, radeonfb has no idea
what is connected, a guess without being there to see. try appending
the video size like video=radeonfb:1920x1200-24@60. you should be
able to get the current mode from using open firmware frame buffer /
sys/class/graphics/

matt
Re: Mac Mini PPC - Is this the right list? [ In reply to ]
On Thu, Apr 17, 2008 at 10:18 AM, matt hull <mattmatteh@mac.com> wrote:

> i think the problem is that you are using vga, radeonfb has no idea what is
> connected, a guess without being there to see. try appending the video size
> like video=radeonfb:1920x1200-24@60. you should be able to get the current
> mode from using open firmware frame buffer /sys/class/graphics/

Hi Matt,
I very much appreciate you taking the time to make a guess. Thanks.
We're making headway but still not quite there yet.

Scanning through stuff that looks helpful I booted the CD with
apple video=ofonly. Here's some data:

livecd fb0 # cat virtual_size
1024,768
livecd fb0 # cat modes
U:1024x768p-116
livecd fb0 # cat name
OFfb ATY,RockHo
livecd fb0 # cat bits_per_pixel
8

Most of the other things don't have values set.

Using the values above I tried booting the CD again with this setting

apple video=radeonfb:1024x768-8:60

and it worked fine. My monitor is stable and readable. Now shelling in
I see this::

livecd fb0 # cat name
ATI Radeon Yb
livecd fb0 # cat virtual_size
1024,768
livecd fb0 # cat modes
S:640x480p-85
S:800x600p-85
S:1024x768p-85
S:1280x1024p-85
S:1600x1200p-75
V:1153x864p-75
V:1280x1024p-75
V:1024x768p-75
V:1024x768p-70
V:1024x768p-60
V:1024x768i-53
U:832x624p-75
V:800x600p-75
V:800x600p-72
V:800x600p-60
V:800x600p-56
V:640x480p-75
V:640x480p-72
U:640x480p-67
V:640x480p-60
U:720x400p-88
U:720x400p-70
livecd fb0 # cat bits_per_pixel
8
livecd fb0 #

OK, so I then booted from the hard drive and modified /etc/yaboot.conf
like this:

image=/boot/kernel-2.6.24-gentoo-r3
label=2.6.24-gentoo-r3
root=/dev/hda4
partition=4
append="video=radeonfb:1024x768-8@60"
read-only

Unfortunately when I reboot from the drive this time the monitor is
not stable. Same bad screen I've been getting.

Here's what I'm seeing in dmesg:

Macintosh non-volatile memory driver v1.1
PCI: Enabling device 0000:00:10.0 (0006 -> 0007)
radeonfb (0000:00:10.0): Invalid ROM signature 0 should be 0xaa55
radeonfb: Retrieved PLL infos from Open Firmware
radeonfb: Reference=27.00 MHz (RefDiv=12) Memory=190.00 Mhz, System=250.00 MHz
radeonfb: PLL min 12000 max 35000
i2c-adapter i2c-2: unable to read EDID block.
i2c-adapter i2c-2: unable to read EDID block.
i2c-adapter i2c-2: unable to read EDID block.
radeonfb: Monitor 1 type CRT found
radeonfb: EDID probed
radeonfb: Monitor 2 type CRT found
radeonfb: EDID probed
Console: switching to colour frame buffer device 90x25
radeonfb (0000:00:10.0): ATI Radeon Yb
vga16fb: initializing
vga16fb: mapped to 0x000a0000
fb1: VGA16 VGA frame buffer device

and the current settings:

MacMini fb0 # cat name
ATI Radeon Yb
MacMini fb0 # cat virtual_size
720,400
MacMini fb0 # cat modes
S:640x480p-85
S:800x600p-85
S:1024x768p-85
S:1280x1024p-85
S:1600x1200p-75
V:1153x864p-75
V:1280x1024p-75
V:1024x768p-75
V:1024x768p-70
V:1024x768p-60
V:1024x768i-43
U:832x624p-75
V:800x600p-75
V:800x600p-72
V:800x600p-60
V:800x600p-56
V:640x480p-75
V:640x480p-72
U:640x480p-67
V:640x480p-60
U:720x400p-88
U:720x400p-70
MacMini fb0 # cat bits_per_pixel
8

So, why is it in a 720x400 mode?

A couple of other questions. I'm assuming the 'p' or 'i' in the mode
names above are progressive vs. interlace? Should I be including that
in how I describe the name in yaboot.conf?

Also, what are the S, V & U at the start of each mode name?

Thanks,
Mark
Re: Mac Mini PPC - Is this the right list? [ In reply to ]
On Thu, Apr 17, 2008 at 11:16 AM, Mark Knecht <markknecht@gmail.com> wrote:
<SNIP>

> Macintosh non-volatile memory driver v1.1
> PCI: Enabling device 0000:00:10.0 (0006 -> 0007)
> radeonfb (0000:00:10.0): Invalid ROM signature 0 should be 0xaa55
> radeonfb: Retrieved PLL infos from Open Firmware
> radeonfb: Reference=27.00 MHz (RefDiv=12) Memory=190.00 Mhz, System=250.00 MHz
> radeonfb: PLL min 12000 max 35000
> i2c-adapter i2c-2: unable to read EDID block.
> i2c-adapter i2c-2: unable to read EDID block.
> i2c-adapter i2c-2: unable to read EDID block.
> radeonfb: Monitor 1 type CRT found
> radeonfb: EDID probed
> radeonfb: Monitor 2 type CRT found
> radeonfb: EDID probed
> Console: switching to colour frame buffer device 90x25
> radeonfb (0000:00:10.0): ATI Radeon Yb
> vga16fb: initializing
> vga16fb: mapped to 0x000a0000
> fb1: VGA16 VGA frame buffer device

I rebooted with the install CD to look at the dmesg data when the
monitor is set up and working correctly. There is one difference which
is mode the frame buffer switched into:

Macintosh non-volatile memory driver v1.1
PCI: Enabling device 0000:00:10.0 (0006 -> 0007)
radeonfb (0000:00:10.0): Invalid ROM signature 0 should be 0xaa55
radeonfb: Retrieved PLL infos from Open Firmware
radeonfb: Reference=27.00 MHz (RefDiv=12) Memory=190.00 Mhz, System=250.00 MHz
radeonfb: PLL min 12000 max 35000
i2c_adapter i2c-2: unable to read EDID block.
i2c_adapter i2c-2: unable to read EDID block.
i2c_adapter i2c-2: unable to read EDID block.
radeonfb: Monitor 1 type CRT found
radeonfb: EDID probed
radeonfb: Monitor 2 type CRT found
radeonfb: EDID probed
Console: switching to colour frame buffer device 128x48
radeonfb (0000:00:10.0): ATI Radeon Yb
vga16fb: initializing
vga16fb: mapped to 0x000a0000
fb1: VGA16 VGA frame buffer device

- Mark
Re: Mac Mini PPC - Is this the right list? [ In reply to ]
> OK, so I then booted from the hard drive and modified /etc/yaboot.conf
> like this:
>
> image=/boot/kernel-2.6.24-gentoo-r3
> label=2.6.24-gentoo-r3
> root=/dev/hda4
> partition=4
> append="video=radeonfb:1024x768-8@60"
> read-only
>
> Unfortunately when I reboot from the drive this time the monitor is
> not stable. Same bad screen I've been getting.

i assume you ran ybin -v after you changed yaboot.conf ?

also maybe try video=radeonfb:1024x768 without the bit depth or
frequency

> Here's what I'm seeing in dmesg:
> vga16fb: initializing
> vga16fb: mapped to 0x000a0000
> fb1: VGA16 VGA frame buffer device

i would remove vga from the kernel, its kinda useless ( at least will
be once you figure the is out, right now it is being used as a fall
back)

> So, why is it in a 720x400 mode?

no idea

> A couple of other questions. I'm assuming the 'p' or 'i' in the mode
> names above are progressive vs. interlace? Should I be including that
> in how I describe the name in yaboot.conf?

yes, i do believe that it is progressive and interlaced. you do not
need to specify that in yaboot.conf

> Also, what are the S, V & U at the start of each mode name?

i found the file that explained that once, forgot where it is and
wish i could remember! i want to know myself.

matt
Re: Mac Mini PPC - Is this the right list? [ In reply to ]
On Thu, Apr 17, 2008 at 12:04 PM, matt hull <mattmatteh@mac.com> wrote:

> > OK, so I then booted from the hard drive and modified /etc/yaboot.conf
> > like this:
> >
> > image=/boot/kernel-2.6.24-gentoo-r3
> > label=2.6.24-gentoo-r3
> > root=/dev/hda4
> > partition=4
> > append="video=radeonfb:1024x768-8@60"
> > read-only
> >
> > Unfortunately when I reboot from the drive this time the monitor is
> > not stable. Same bad screen I've been getting.
> >

> i assume you ran ybin -v after you changed yaboot.conf ?

I did not. Is this required with yaboot? If it is it's my mistake
totally. It's not required with grub which is what I'm used to using
on x86 machines.

I can see that running ybin -v has an impact on the bootstrap partition:

MacMini etc # ybin -v
ybin: Finding OpenFirmware device path to `/dev/hda2'...
ybin: Installing first stage bootstrap /usr/lib/yaboot/ofboot onto /dev/hda2...
ybin: Installing primary bootstrap /usr/lib/yaboot/yaboot onto /dev/hda2...
ybin: Installing /etc/yaboot.conf onto /dev/hda2...
ybin: Setting attributes on ofboot...
ybin: Setting attributes on yaboot...
ybin: Setting attributes on yaboot.conf...
ybin: Blessing /dev/hda2 with Holy Penguin Pee...
ybin: Updating OpenFirmware boot-device variable in nvram...
MacMini etc #

I cannot reboot and try it right now as the machine is doing some
work. I'll try it later today and let you know how it goes. I suspect
this might fix it.

Once I get this done then I'll strip out a bunch of the leftover stuff
from the kernel config and try to slim stuff down a bit.

Thanks for all your help!

Cheers,
Mark
Re: Mac Mini PPC - Is this the right list? [ In reply to ]
On Thu, Apr 17, 2008 at 12:19 PM, Mark Knecht <markknecht@gmail.com> wrote:

> I cannot reboot and try it right now as the machine is doing some
> work. I'll try it later today and let you know how it goes. I suspect
> this might fix it.

Hi Matt,
One of my emerges died for a use flag issue so I got a chance to
reboot. All fixed. Monitor screen is looking great.

Thanks very much for all the help! I learned a lot.

Cheers,
Mark