Mailing List Archive

Ctrl-Alt-Backspace
Hello!
I have Gentoo Linux 2006.0 installed on a G4 iMac. The keyboard is of
the Apple Extended type (109 keys) and the keymap is "us".
I have sucessfully tested the X configuration by "X -config
/etc/X11/xorg.conf"; the test grid shows up, but I cannot get rid of it.
I have read everywhere that Ctrl-Alt-Backspace would do it, killing X
and bringing me back to the console. But it just does not work for me,
and the only way out is for me to use the power switch.
Is anybody aware of any dificulties related to the Apple hardware?
Thanks for your attention.
Charles