know.

--
Colin

Re: HFSX on Linux? [ In reply to ]
On Fri, 15 Jul 2005 02:54:07 -0400
Colin <signofzeta@gmail.com> wrote:

> Just curious, can you mount an HFSX (Mac OS Extended, case-sensitive,
> journaling) under Gentoo? I'm setting up my partitions and I'd like to
> know.

Hi Colin,

yes you can do that.
Make sure you have selected
File Systems --> Miscellaneous Filesystems --> Apple Macintosh
Filesystem Support and Apple Extended HFS file system support into your
kernel.

The entry in my /etc/fstab looks like this:
/dev/hda10 /mnt/osx hfsplus defaults,noauto 0 0

The "noauto" means that the partiotion is NOT mounted automatically at
boot time.

Best regards,

Friedrich
Re: HFSX on Linux? [ In reply to ]
phriedrich wrote:

>On Fri, 15 Jul 2005 02:54:07 -0400
>Colin <signofzeta@gmail.com> wrote:
>

>>Just curious, can you mount an HFSX (Mac OS Extended, case-sensitive,
>>journaling) under Gentoo? I'm setting up my partitions and I'd like to
>>know.
>>

>Hi Colin,
>
>yes you can do that.
>Make sure you have selected
>File Systems --> Miscellaneous Filesystems --> Apple Macintosh
>Filesystem Support and Apple Extended HFS file system support into your
>kernel.
>
>The entry in my /etc/fstab looks like this:
>/dev/hda10 /mnt/osx hfsplus defaults,noauto 0 0
>
>The "noauto" means that the partiotion is NOT mounted automatically at
>boot time.

I'm still booted with the LiveCD. I can mount normal HFS+ partitions
(not case-sensitive), though the filesystems are marked as locked. But
when I try to mount my HFSX partition, I get these errors:

mount -t hfs:
VFS: Can't find a HFS filesystems on dev hda13
mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on /dev/hda13, or
too many mounted file systems

mount -t hfsplus:
HFS+-fs: unable to find HFS+ superblock
mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on /dev/hda13, or
too many mounted file systems

Here's my disk:
/dev/hda1 - /dev/hda8 Partition map, all those fun Mac OS
9 boot partitions
/dev/hda9 Apple_Bootstrap bootstrap (800k)
/dev/hda10 Apple_UNIX_SVR2 root (10G)
this is my Gentoo install
/dev/hda11 Apple_UNIX_SVR2 swap (510.3M)
and its swap disk
/dev/hda12 Apple_Boot eXternal booter (128M)
/dev/hda13 Apple_HFSX Apple_HFSX_Untitled_1 (24.9G)
this disk is my Tiger install
/dev/hda14 Apple_Free
(128M) (I didn't partition this in!)
/dev/hda15 Apple_HFS Apple_HFS_Untitled_2
(896.0M) this disk is for OS 9
/dev/hda16 Apple_Free
(128M) (I didn't partition this in!)
/dev/hda17 Apple_HFS Apple_HFS_Untitled_3 (56.5G)
this disk is for my /home
/dev/hda18 Apple_Free
(8k)

--