Mailing List Archive

PPC meeting summary and log
Hi devs,

we had a ppc meeting several hours ago. The two discussed
topics were:

1. Progress of the 2005.0 release
2. Additional packages which are not stable yet (like 2.6.10
kernel)

Summary for 1.:
We are still on stage testing. The test stages had serveral
issues which seems to be resolved with a more recent
test-stage. pvdabeel is creating a new one. The LiveCD
should include some packages we forgot (there is bug 75140
about it). On January 21st we have to end testing.
Furthermore the kernels for G3/G4, G5 and Pegasos should
roughly be the same, at least in the provided device
drivers.

Summary for 2.:
Everybody should test the 2.6.10-kernel, so that we can
include it into the release. A newer yaboot will go into
stable and there needs to be created an ebuild for a Pegasos
bootmenu-creator.

Regards, Lars
--
Lars weiler <pylon@gentoo.org>