Mailing List Archive

[PREFIX] LDFLAGS confusing configure
Hey Folks-

I'm running latest PREFIX (as of Friday) on Ubuntu. I've run into an
issue that I hadn't run into previously on RHEL or FC3. When trying
to emerge gzip, the configure fails complaining that it can't make c
executables:

checking for C compiler default output... configure: error: C compiler
cannot create executables
check `config.log' for details.

When running the configure by hand (using the provided options it
works). The issue appears to be that config.log shows the following
being set:

ac_cv_env_LDFLAGS_set=set
ac_cv_env_LDFLAGS_value=' -L/opt/portage/Apr7/lib -lz'

These don't appear when configure is being run by hand. An because
libz isn't found in that location (EPREFIX=/opt/portage/Apr7) it's
failing.

Any suggestions?

-matt