Mailing List Archive

[PREFIX] Verbose info regarding 2.1.11 Linux install.
As per Kito's advice on IRC:

can you post a) emerge --verbose --info b) the contents of
pym/portage_const_autotool.py c) the output of `PORTAGE_DEBUG=1 emerge
-v --nodeps patch &> emerge.log`

Here's my process to get that I had to do before I was able to do c)
(anything with !! I did by hand):

#!/bin/sh

export PREFIX=/tmp/Mar20
#this directory has portage and the ebuild tree from the wiki
#unzipped here
#it also has a copy of the normal portage profiles in "normal-profiles"

export MYBASE=/home/spike/portage
export TREE=${MYBASE}/portage-alt-prefix
export PORTCODE=${MYBASE}/portage-prefix-2.1.11
GROUP=spike

cd $PORTCODE

make clean
./configure --prefix=${PREFIX}/usr --with-user=`whoami`
--with-group=${GROUP} --sysconfdir=${PREFIX}/etc
--with-rootuser=`whoami` --with-rootuid=`id -u`
--with-offset-prefix=${PREFIX} --with-wheelgroup=${GROUP}
--with-wheelgid=`id -g`
make
make install

cd
cd ${PREFIX}
mkdir -p usr/portage
cp -r ${TREE}/* usr/portage

export PATH=${PREFIX}/usr/bin:${PREFIX}/usr/sbin:${PATH}

#already exists!
#mkdir etc
cp ${PORTCODE}/cnf/make.conf etc/
#SET PREFIX in make.conf
#PREPEND PREFIX TO A FEW PLACES

##Should be made by make install above, but it's not
mkdir -p ${PREFIX}/etc/portage

cp -r ${MYBASE}/grobian-amd-prof/portage/* ${PREFIX}/etc/portage/
cp -r ${MYBASE}/normal-profiles/profiles/default-linux
${PREFIX}/usr/portage/profiles/
ln -s ${PREFIX}/usr/portage/profiles/default-linux/x86/2005.1
${PREFIX}/etc/make.profile

#!!adjust DEFAULTPATH in etc/make.globals
#add :/usr/bin:/bin:/sbin:/usr/sbin to end

mkdir -p ${PREFIX}/var/lib/portage/
touch ${PREFIX}/var/lib/portage/world

#!!add ACCEPT_KEYWORDS="~x86" to etc/make.conf
#!!uncomment FETCHCOMMNAD in etc/make.conf

#add ${PREFIX}/var/cache/edb/counter
echo 0 > ${PREFIX}/var/cache/edb/counter

##OSError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/tmp/Mar20/etc/ld.so.conf'
##
touch ${PREFIX}/etc/ld.so.conf

##OSError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/tmp/Mar20/etc/profile.env'
touch ${PREFIX}/etc/profile.env

##...
##File "/tmp/Mar20/usr/lib/portage/pym/portage_util.py", line 585, in close
## apply_stat_permissions(self.name, os.stat(self._real_name))
##OSError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/tmp/Mar20/etc/csh.env'
touch ${PREFIX}/etc/csh.env
Re: [PREFIX] Verbose info regarding 2.1.11 Linux install. [ In reply to ]
On 20-03-2006 16:47:28 -0800, m h wrote something which is not quoted

One question. It seems as if the emerge of patch goes fine. I think I
missed what the problem is somehow. I remember that the first ebuilds
were a bit like "helping them a hand", but as soon as I got more and
more basic utilities in my prefix, things went more and more smoothly.
Re: [PREFIX] Verbose info regarding 2.1.11 Linux install. [ In reply to ]
On 3/21/06, Grobian <grobian@gentoo.org> wrote:
> On 20-03-2006 16:47:28 -0800, m h wrote something which is not quoted
>
> One question. It seems as if the emerge of patch goes fine. I think I
> missed what the problem is somehow. I remember that the first ebuilds
> were a bit like "helping them a hand", but as soon as I got more and
> more basic utilities in my prefix, things went more and more smoothly.
> --

I was under the impression that many of the files and directories that
I'm creating, should've been created by the install of portage. Thus
something was wrong with my portage install....

-matt

Re: [PREFIX] Verbose info regarding 2.1.11 Linux install. [ In reply to ]
So, I'm plowinbeg ahead (even though my install maybe/is broken?)

In addition to the stuff I listed earlier, I've done the following:

echo "#matt added this
sys-apps/portage-2.1.10
sys-devel/binutils-2.15
sys-libs/libstdc++-v3
sys-devel/gcc-3.4
dev-libs/openssl-0.9.7a
sys-apps/sed-4.1.2
sys-libs/glibc-2.3.4
app-shells/bash-3.0" >> ${PREFIX}/etc/make.profile/package.provided

I'm now running into a new issue while emerging system (cc1: error:
unrecognized command line option "-fno-stack-protector") I haven't
seen before. I hit it with glibc (before I added it to
package.provided) and am now hitting it with perl.
URCE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -I/usr/include/gdbm -O2 -mcpu=i686 -pipe -Wall
`sh cflags "optimize='-O2 -mcpu=i686 -pipe'" pad.o` -fPIC pad.c
CCCMD = gcc -DPERL_CORE -c -fno-strict-aliasing -pipe
-D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -I/usr/include/gdbm -O2
-mcpu=i686 -pipe -Wall
`sh cflags "optimize='-O2 -mcpu=i686 -pipe'" regcomp.o` -fPIC regcomp.c
CCCMD = gcc -DPERL_CORE -c -fno-strict-aliasing -pipe
-D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -I/usr/include/gdbm
-fno-stack-protector -O2 -mcpu=i686 -pipe -Wall
cc1: error: unrecognized command line option "-fno-stack-protector"
make: *** [regcomp.o] Error 1

!!! ERROR: dev-lang/perl-5.8.7-r1 failed.
Call stack:
ebuild.sh, line 1658: Called dyn_compile
ebuild.sh, line 1056: Called src_compile

!!! Unable to make
!!! If you need support, post the topmost build error, and the call
stack if relevant.

Has anyone else ran into this? I'm not setting this flag and don't
see it in the ebuilds....

-matt

Re: [PREFIX] Verbose info regarding 2.1.11 Linux install. [ In reply to ]
On 21-03-2006 11:05:22 -0800, m h wrote:
> Has anyone else ran into this? I'm not setting this flag and don't
> see it in the ebuilds....

Yep sure I do!

I believe it had to do with my install of GCC. There was a problem
somewhere, but I don't recall anymore what. Let me do a quick google.

You say you emerged GCC, are you sure it is using it? The stack
protector stuff needs a patch, and I think it's in the Gentoo one. I
think now I now again what the problem is.

You emerged Gentoo gcc, but you're not using it, because:
to use a Gentoo compiler, you need eselect-gcc or something. And for
that to emerge, you need a lot of packages, including the compiler.

So, what you need to do, is setup yourself the basic symlinks to the
Gentoo compiler, instead of the files you installed manually.

I remember I made a bunch of symlinks to the Gentoo gcc, and then it
worked flawlessly.

--
Fabian Groffen
Gentoo for Mac OS X Project
Re: [PREFIX] Verbose info regarding 2.1.11 Linux install. [ In reply to ]
On 3/21/06, Grobian <grobian@gentoo.org> wrote:
> On 21-03-2006 11:05:22 -0800, m h wrote:
> > Has anyone else ran into this? I'm not setting this flag and don't
> > see it in the ebuilds....
>
> Yep sure I do!
>
> I believe it had to do with my install of GCC. There was a problem
> somewhere, but I don't recall anymore what. Let me do a quick google.
>
> You say you emerged GCC, are you sure it is using it? The stack
> protector stuff needs a patch, and I think it's in the Gentoo one. I
> think now I now again what the problem is.
>
> You emerged Gentoo gcc, but you're not using it, because:
> to use a Gentoo compiler, you need eselect-gcc or something. And for
> that to emerge, you need a lot of packages, including the compiler.
>
> So, what you need to do, is setup yourself the basic symlinks to the
> Gentoo compiler, instead of the files you installed manually.
>
> I remember I made a bunch of symlinks to the Gentoo gcc, and then it
> worked flawlessly.

Thanks, I was putting gcc in package provided because the the
requirement for libstdc++ wasn't provided (there was no ebuild!). So
now I'm putting an ebuild in and will try again.

-matt

Re: [PREFIX] Verbose info regarding 2.1.11 Linux install. [ In reply to ]
On Mar 21, 2006, at 1:21 PM, Grobian wrote:

> On 21-03-2006 11:05:22 -0800, m h wrote:
>> Has anyone else ran into this? I'm not setting this flag and don't
>> see it in the ebuilds....
>
> Yep sure I do!
>
> I believe it had to do with my install of GCC. There was a problem
> somewhere, but I don't recall anymore what. Let me do a quick google.
>
> You say you emerged GCC, are you sure it is using it? The stack
> protector stuff needs a patch, and I think it's in the Gentoo one. I
> think now I now again what the problem is.
>
> You emerged Gentoo gcc, but you're not using it, because:
> to use a Gentoo compiler, you need eselect-gcc or something. And for
> that to emerge, you need a lot of packages, including the compiler.

Looking at your emerge info, it looks like DEFAULT_PATH has other
stuff before the prefixed paths. This will of course have the host os
gcc found before the portage version(s). Figure out where the
additional path entries are getting prepended and it might work.

> So, what you need to do, is setup yourself the basic symlinks to the
> Gentoo compiler, instead of the files you installed manually.
>
> I remember I made a bunch of symlinks to the Gentoo gcc, and then it
> worked flawlessly.
>

> --
> Fabian Groffen
> Gentoo for Mac OS X Project

--Kito

Re: [PREFIX] Verbose info regarding 2.1.11 Linux install. [ In reply to ]
On 3/21/06, Kito <kito@gentoo.org> wrote:

> On Mar 21, 2006, at 1:21 PM, Grobian wrote:
>
> > On 21-03-2006 11:05:22 -0800, m h wrote:
> >> Has anyone else ran into this? I'm not setting this flag and don't
> >> see it in the ebuilds....
> >
> > Yep sure I do!
> >
> > I believe it had to do with my install of GCC. There was a problem
> > somewhere, but I don't recall anymore what. Let me do a quick google.
> >
> > You say you emerged GCC, are you sure it is using it? The stack
> > protector stuff needs a patch, and I think it's in the Gentoo one. I
> > think now I now again what the problem is.
> >
> > You emerged Gentoo gcc, but you're not using it, because:
> > to use a Gentoo compiler, you need eselect-gcc or something. And for
> > that to emerge, you need a lot of packages, including the compiler.
>
> Looking at your emerge info, it looks like DEFAULT_PATH has other
> stuff before the prefixed paths. This will of course have the host os
> gcc found before the portage version(s). Figure out where the
> additional path entries are getting prepended and it might work.

Thanks for the response Kito. I don't actually have gentoo gcc
installed (yet, it's going as I type). I prepended the PATH stuff
after exg mentioned that in IRC yesterday. I'll move it back to the
end of DEFAULT_PATH.

Thanks for the hint.

-matt

Re: [PREFIX] Verbose info regarding 2.1.11 Linux install. [ In reply to ]
ARGHHH!

gcc bombs out on me now! (internal compiler error)
I'm running RHEL 4 under vmware. I guess I need to try on bare hardware....

I'm assumming no one else has run into this?

emerge -av gcc

gcc -O2 -pipe -DIN_GCC -W -Wall -Wwrite-strings
-Wstrict-prototypes -Wmissing-prototypes -pedantic -Wno-long-long
-DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I.
-I/tmp/Mar20/var/tmp/portage/gcc-3.4.4-r1/work/gcc-3.4.4/gcc
-I/tmp/Mar20/var/tmp/portage/gcc-3.4.4-r1/work/gcc-3.4.4/gcc/.
-I/tmp/Mar20/var/tmp/portage/gcc-3.4.4-r1/work/gcc-3.4.4/gcc/../include
\
-DPREFIX=\"/tmp/Mar20\" \
-c /tmp/Mar20/var/tmp/portage/gcc-3.4.4-r1/work/gcc-3.4.4/gcc/prefix.c
-o prefix.o
/tmp/Mar20/var/tmp/portage/gcc-3.4.4-r1/work/gcc-3.4.4/gcc/prefix.c:0:
warning: `prefix.gcda' is version `
Internal compiler error: Error reporting routines re-entered.
Please submit a full bug report,
See <URL:http://bugzilla.redhat.com/bugzilla> for instructions.
Preprocessed source stored into
/tmp/Mar20/var/tmp/portage/gcc-3.4.4-r1/temp/ccP3UI3c.out file, please
attach this to your bugreport.
make[1]: *** [prefix.o] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory
`/tmp/Mar20/var/tmp/portage/gcc-3.4.4-r1/work/build/gcc'
make: *** [install-gcc] Error 2

!!! ERROR: sys-devel/gcc-3.4.4-r1 failed.
Call stack:
ebuild.sh, line 1658: Called dyn_install
ebuild.sh, line 1132: Called src_install
ebuild.sh, line 1368: Called toolchain_src_install
toolchain.eclass, line 33: Called gcc-compiler_src_install

!!! (no error message)
Re: [PREFIX] Verbose info regarding 2.1.11 Linux install. [ In reply to ]
On 3/21/06, m h <sesquile@gmail.com> wrote:
> ARGHHH!
>
> gcc bombs out on me now! (internal compiler error)
> I'm running RHEL 4 under vmware. I guess I need to try on bare hardware....
>
> I'm assumming no one else has run into this?
>
> emerge -av gcc

My initial attempt to fix this was to try and install binutils
(instead of providing it). In order to do so, I had to add the
binutils-config ebuild into the tree. To do that I needed to add
EAPI="prefix" which caused the digest check to fail. To recreate the
digest I needed pycrypto. So I tried installing pycrypto, which
failed.

>>> Compiling source in
/tmp/Mar20/var/tmp/portage/pycrypto-2.0.1/work/pycrypto-2.0.1 ...
python: error while loading shared libraries: libpython2.4.so.1.0:

!!! ERROR: dev-python/pycrypto-2.0.1 failed.
Call stack:
ebuild.sh, line 1658: Called dyn_compile
ebuild.sh, line 1056: Called src_compile
ebuild.sh, line 1368: Called distutils_src_compile

!!! compilation failed
!!! If you need support, post the topmost build error, and the call
stack if relevant.

---------------------
Apparently (according to strace) python is looking for the 2.4
libraries (libpython2.4.so.1.0) in /usr/lib instead of
${PREFIX}/usr/lib...

Guess I'll try the bare hardware route....

Re: [PREFIX] Verbose info regarding 2.1.11 Linux install. [ In reply to ]

> Guess I'll try the bare hardware route....

It is reproducible on bare hardware (shucks can't blame vmware....)....

Any hints on how to get gcc installed?

Re: [PREFIX] Verbose info regarding 2.1.11 Linux install. [ In reply to ]
On Mar 21, 2006, at 7:02 PM, m h wrote:

>> Guess I'll try the bare hardware route....
>>

> It is reproducible on bare hardware (shucks can't blame
> vmware....)....
>
> Any hints on how to get gcc installed?

One option would be installing pycrypto via rpm and adding to
package.provided. Another would be to try getting python and pycrypto
installed via emerge. It must've been the python eclass looking in
the hardcoded prefixed path for the python shared lib.

--Kito

Re: [PREFIX] Verbose info regarding 2.1.11 Linux install. [ In reply to ]

> > Any hints on how to get gcc installed?
> >

> One option would be installing pycrypto via rpm and adding to
> package.provided. Another would be to try getting python and pycrypto
> installed via emerge. It must've been the python eclass looking in
> the hardcoded prefixed path for the python shared lib.

Installed pycrypto via the rpm and updated the digests. GCC still
failed with the same error.

Should I try to install a different gcc? Copy over the gcc binaries
from an existing gentoo install? (Would this even work)?

Re: [PREFIX] Verbose info regarding 2.1.11 Linux install. [ In reply to ]
On Mar 21, 2006, at 11:07 PM, m h wrote:

>>> Any hints on how to get gcc installed?
>>>

>> One option would be installing pycrypto via rpm and adding to
>> package.provided. Another would be to try getting python and pycrypto
>> installed via emerge. It must've been the python eclass looking in
>> the hardcoded prefixed path for the python shared lib.
>>

> Installed pycrypto via the rpm and updated the digests. GCC still
> failed with the same error.
>
> Should I try to install a different gcc? Copy over the gcc binaries
> from an existing gentoo install? (Would this even work)?

Which versions and use flags are you trying? Is it just the SSP thats
failing?

--Kito

Re: [PREFIX] Verbose info regarding 2.1.11 Linux install. [ In reply to ]
On 3/22/06, Kito <kito@gentoo.org> wrote:

> >> One option would be installing pycrypto via rpm and adding to
> >> package.provided. Another would be to try getting python and pycrypto
> >> installed via emerge. It must've been the python eclass looking in
> >> the hardcoded prefixed path for the python shared lib.
> >>

> > Installed pycrypto via the rpm and updated the digests. GCC still
> > failed with the same error.
> >
> > Should I try to install a different gcc? Copy over the gcc binaries
> > from an existing gentoo install? (Would this even work)?
>
> Which versions and use flags are you trying? Is it just the SSP thats
> failing?

Here's my USE flags:
USE="x86 X alsa apm arts avi berkdb bitmap-fonts crypt cups dri eds
emboss encode foomaticdb fortran gdbm gif gnome gpm gstreamer gtk gtk2
imlib ipv6 jpeg kde libg++ libwww mad mikmod motif mp3 mpeg ncurses
nls ogg oggvorbis opengl oss pam pdflib perl png python qt quicktime
readline sdl spell ssl tcpd truetype truetype-fonts type1-fonts vorbis
xml2 xmms xv zlib elibc_glibc kernel_linux userland_GNU"

I assume you're asking about the versions of ebuilds for gcc? I'm
using the portage tree that the wiki points to.

SSP? I'm not sure what SSP is....

-matt

Re: [PREFIX] Verbose info regarding 2.1.11 Linux install. [ In reply to ]
On Mar 21, 2006, at 11:49 PM, m h wrote:

>>> Installed pycrypto via the rpm and updated the digests. GCC still
>>> failed with the same error.
>>>
>>> Should I try to install a different gcc? Copy over the gcc binaries
>>> from an existing gentoo install? (Would this even work)?
>>
>> Which versions and use flags are you trying? Is it just the SSP thats
>> failing?
>
> Here's my USE flags:
> USE="x86 X alsa apm arts avi berkdb bitmap-fonts crypt cups dri eds
> emboss encode foomaticdb fortran gdbm gif gnome gpm gstreamer gtk gtk2
> imlib ipv6 jpeg kde libg++ libwww mad mikmod motif mp3 mpeg ncurses
> nls ogg oggvorbis opengl oss pam pdflib perl png python qt quicktime
> readline sdl spell ssl tcpd truetype truetype-fonts type1-fonts vorbis
> xml2 xmms xv zlib elibc_glibc kernel_linux userland_GNU"
>
> I assume you're asking about the versions of ebuilds for gcc? I'm
> using the portage tree that the wiki points to.

Sorry, I haven't used the vanilla gcc yet, just the apple branch. Can
you paste the output of emerge -pev gcc please?

Fabian do you have any advice on a Fedora bootstrap? I've only tested
prefix on Gentoo/ppc, which is probably cheating ;)

--Kito

Re: [PREFIX] Verbose info regarding 2.1.11 Linux install. [ In reply to ]
On 22-03-2006 00:07:09 -0600, Kito wrote:
> >I assume you're asking about the versions of ebuilds for gcc? I'm
> >using the portage tree that the wiki points to.
>
> Sorry, I haven't used the vanilla gcc yet, just the apple branch. Can you paste
> the output of emerge -pev gcc please?
>
> Fabian do you have any advice on a Fedora bootstrap? I've only tested prefix on
> Gentoo/ppc, which is probably cheating ;)

First, I think the pycrypto crap is due to not having python from
portage installed. I think I did that first.

Second, I think it's fairly important to get both GCC and binutils built
in the prefix, because they control the behaviour of where to find files
and stuff. I know binutils isn't working fully correct at the moment,
but it allowed me to come quite far. I just recall that I priorised on
these things, because getting a build environment that is portage
controlled, makes the assumptions of the tree come true.

Third, the first days toying with my Fedora install was just hacking
around, cheating with symlinks and stuff, and getting as much of the
symlinks replaced by portage versions. Some things suddently started to
work after I for instance installed gawk in my prefix. (Symlink wasn't
good enough?!? No idea on that.)

So concluding, I guess I should spend some time in doing it from scratch
again, and keeping a much better log around of the steps I took. Maybe
exg's bootstrap scripts can help speeding that up.

--
Fabian Groffen
Gentoo for Mac OS X Project
Re: [PREFIX] Verbose info regarding 2.1.11 Linux install. [ In reply to ]
On Tuesday 21 March 2006 23:33, m h wrote:
> /tmp/Mar20/var/tmp/portage/pycrypto-2.0.1/work/pycrypto-2.0.1 ...
> python: error while loading shared libraries: libpython2.4.so.1.0:
Make sure that the libraries directories of the prefixed install are
accessible, either by putting them in /etc/ld.so.conf or by setting
LD_LIBRARY_PATH.

I suppose OSX is quite different in this regard...

--
Diego "Flameeyes" Pettenò - http://dev.gentoo.org/~flameeyes/
Gentoo/ALT lead, Gentoo/FreeBSD, Video, AMD64, Sound, PAM, KDE
Re: [PREFIX] Verbose info regarding 2.1.11 Linux install. [ In reply to ]
On Mar 22, 2006, at 12:10 PM, Diego 'Flameeyes' Pettenò wrote:

> On Tuesday 21 March 2006 23:33, m h wrote:
>> /tmp/Mar20/var/tmp/portage/pycrypto-2.0.1/work/pycrypto-2.0.1 ...
>> python: error while loading shared libraries: libpython2.4.so.1.0:
>> cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
> Make sure that the libraries directories of the prefixed install are
> accessible, either by putting them in /etc/ld.so.conf or by setting
> LD_LIBRARY_PATH.

Portage *should've* done that automagically, but it might have
failed, or fedora hides that lib somewhere else (or doesn't provide
it at all.

> I suppose OSX is quite different in this regard...

Yes, dyld 'just works' in this regard (we won't mention all the other
ways its broken ;)

Re: [PREFIX] Verbose info regarding 2.1.11 Linux install. [ In reply to ]
> Sorry, I haven't used the vanilla gcc yet, just the apple branch. Can
> you paste the output of emerge -pev gcc please?

emerge: wheel group use is being deprecated. Please update group and passwd to
include the portage user as noted above, and then use group portage.

Calculating dependencies... done!
[ebuild N ] app-admin/eselect-1.0_rc2 USE="-bash-completion -doc"
0 kB EAPI: prefix
[ebuild N ] sys-devel/patch-2.5.9-r1 USE="-build -static" 0 kB EAPI: prefix
[ebuild N ] app-admin/eselect-compiler-2.0.0_rc1-r1 0 kB EAPI: prefix
[ebuild N ] sys-devel/gnuconfig-20050602 0 kB EAPI: prefix
[ebuild N ] sys-devel/gettext-0.14.5 USE="nls -doc -emacs" 0 kB
EAPI: prefix
[ebuild N ] sys-devel/m4-1.4.4 USE="nls" 0 kB EAPI: prefix
[ebuild N ] sys-devel/bison-2.1 USE="nls -static" 0 kB EAPI: prefix
[ebuild N ] sys-libs/ncurses-5.5-r1 USE="gpm -bootstrap -build
-debug -doc -minimal -nocxx -unicode" 0 kB EAPI: prefix
[ebuild N ] sys-apps/texinfo-4.8-r2 USE="nls -build -static" 0 kB
EAPI: prefix
[ebuild N ] sys-libs/zlib-1.2.3 USE="-build" 0 kB EAPI: prefix
[ebuild N ] sys-devel/gcc-3.4.4-r1 USE="fortran gtk nls
-bootstrap -boundschecking -build -gcj -hardened -ip28 -mudflap
-multislot -nocxx -nopie -nossp -objc -objc-gc -vanilla" 0 kB EAPI:
prefix
[ebuild N ] sys-devel/gcc-config-1.3.12-r4 0 kB EAPI: prefix
[ebuild N ] sys-libs/libstdc++-v3-3.3.6 USE="nls -build -nptl"
23,410 kB EAPI: prefix

Total size of downloads: 23,410 k

-----------
Let me try this...
I was doing emerge -av gcc previously....
Cross your fingers.

Re: [PREFIX] Verbose info regarding 2.1.11 Linux install. [ In reply to ]
> Let me try this...
> I was doing emerge -av gcc previously....
> Cross your fingers.

emerge -aev gcc failed like previous attempts.
currently trying:
USE="bootstrap" emerge -av gcc

Re: [PREFIX] Verbose info regarding 2.1.11 Linux install. [ In reply to ]
On 3/22/06, m h <sesquile@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Let me try this...
> > I was doing emerge -av gcc previously....
> > Cross your fingers.
> >

> emerge -aev gcc failed like previous attempts.
> currently trying:
> USE="bootstrap" emerge -av gcc

also failed...
but....
I copied over a 3.3.6 ebuild added EAPI="prefix" to it and it worked!
proceeding with system!