For more information, see MASKED PACKAGES section in the emerge man page or
section 2.2 "Software Availability" in the Gentoo Handbook.
!!! (dependency required by "dev-java/ant-1.6.2-r6" [ebuild])

and that's the error message that I get. I set a global variable named
ACCEPT_KEYWORDS equal to "~ppc" to let aspectj-1.2 get through, but I
can't get the packages with missing to do the same. Could someone help me
with this? I am very interested in helping the Gentoo OSX guys debug
Portage-OSX where I can.

Re: How to get around "missing keyword" [ In reply to ]
mikeflippin@blindmindseye.com wrote:
> I try to do something like this:
>
> sudo emerge -v "=aspectj-1.2"Calculating dependencies \
> !!! All ebuilds that could satisfy "=dev-java/ant-tasks-1.6.2*" have been
> masked.
> !!! One of the following masked packages is required to complete your
> request:
> - dev-java/ant-tasks-1.6.2-r5 (masked by: missing keyword)
>
> For more information, see MASKED PACKAGES section in the emerge man page or
> section 2.2 "Software Availability" in the Gentoo Handbook.
> !!! (dependency required by "dev-java/ant-1.6.2-r6" [ebuild])

When you're setting the ACCEPT_KEYWORDS environment variable to ~ARCH,
it does not add ARCH (as it does when you set it in make.conf). For
this particular package and version, there is no ~ppc specification, so
you'll want to use ACCEPT_KEYWORDS="ppc" when emerging this package.
Or, you could try ACCEPT_KEYWORDS="ppc ~ppc" which will likely give you
the results you'd expect.

Hope this helps,
-Nick Dimiduk