Does anyone know, how I can emerge php on my qube2?

Thanks
Daniel

Re: php for mips architecture? [ In reply to ]
Daniel Seichter wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Does anyone know, how I can emerge php on my qube2?

You can unmask it using various files in /etc/portage, but then you can never
ask anyone for support. PHP is no longer supported on mips, and probably never
will be, just because there is little need for it.

Gentoo Linux Developer Installer Project
Today's lesson in political correctness: "Go asphyxiate on a phallus"
Re: php for mips architecture? [ In reply to ]
Daniel Seichter wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Does anyone know, how I can emerge php on my qube2?

Sure, read the portage man page, paying very close attention to the
different files that are used to unmask packages.

-Steve
Re: php for mips architecture? [ In reply to ]
Andrew Gaffney wrote:
> Daniel Seichter wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> Does anyone know, how I can emerge php on my qube2?
>
> You can unmask it using various files in /etc/portage, but then you can
> never ask anyone for support. PHP is no longer supported on mips, and
> probably never will be, just because there is little need for it.

To elaborate... there are a number of issues here.

â‘  There are serious QA concerns regarding the current PHP ebuilds.
â‘¡ PHP runs awfully slow on MIPS machines (even fast ones).
â‘¢ We're only a small team, and don't have the time to be constantly
testing the huge list of dependencies that PHP hauls in -- which is a
rapidly moving target.

package.keywords is the file you want to use. Many of the packages you
install will be missing ~mips or mips keywords. You can either copy the
ebuild to an overlay, use a text editor to add the mips keyword to the
KEYWORDS line of the ebuild, and run `ebuild foo.ebuild digest`... or,
you can use the package.keywords file to accept the "~*" keyword for
each dependant package lacking a ~mips keyword.

A word of warning though. There has been absolutely no testing done on
these packages, and thus we take no responsibility for what they may do
on a system. While I doubt they'll break anything (except maybe
Apache), there's no guarantee that they'll work properly, if at all.
You proceed at your own risk.
--
Stuart Longland (aka Redhatter) .'''.
Gentoo Linux/MIPS Cobalt and Docs Developer '.'` :

International Asperger's Year (1906 ~ 2006)
http://dev.gentoo.org/~redhatter/iay