Mailing List Archive

Cobalt Users: Moving to sys-boot/colo-1.16
Hi All,
I will shortly (i.e. probably this weekend) will move CoLo 1.16 into
stable (mips, currently in ~mips), and eventually remove CoLo 1.13 from
the tree.

In the newer release, the syntax for your CoLo scripts does change
slightly. In particular, the "menu" command (covered in the handbook)
has been changed to the "select" command. It differs, in that rather
than spitting out a text label, it spits out a numerical ID that you use
with the goto command. You'll therefore need to update your scripts.

Below is an example of the old 'menu' command and the new 'select' command.

The old 'menu' command:
> #:CoLo:#
>
> lcd "Mounting hda1"
> mount hda1
> menu "Which Kernel?" 50 Working working New new
> lcd "Loading Linux" {menu-option}
> load /vmlinux.gz.{menu-option}
> lcd "Booting..."
> execute root=/dev/hda5 ro console=ttyS0,115200
> boot

The equivalent script, using 'select':
> #:CoLo:#
>
> lcd "Mounting hda1"
> mount hda1
> select "Which Kernel?" 50 Working New
>
> goto {menu-option}
> var image-name vmlinux.gz.working
> goto 3f
> @var image-name vmlinux.gz.working
> goto 2f
> @var image-name vmlinux.gz.new
>
> @lcd "Loading Linux" {image-name}
> load /{image-name}
> lcd "Booting..."
> execute root=/dev/hda5 ro console=ttyS0,115200
> boot

It is advised that you have a look at the documentation that's
distributed with CoLo. I'll advise you all once the update is complete.

____ _ Stuart Longland (a.k.a Redhatter)
/ _ \ ___ ___ __| |__ __ __ Gentoo Linux/MIPS Cobalt and Docs
(___/ \____/|_; |_| \_/ \__/ \__/ http://dev.gentoo.org/~redhatter