-Dave
--
The way that can be named is not the Way.

Re: O2k PROM Question [ In reply to ]
Try powering up with only one node board installed.

Re: O2k PROM Question [ In reply to ]
Alright, so I've got a few things to try:
1. connect to diagnostics port of the MSC and try and hit ^T to enter
power-on-diagnostics and perhaps reset any prom environmental
variables.
2. connect to tty1 and try ESC and ^ESC with the terminal set to
hardware control on and off, once each.
3. re-seat everything and try again
4. power-up with only one node board installed, and try again.

This origin has an MMSC in addition to it's MSC, but i've been trying
to keep it out of the loop, mostly 'cuz I only have 2 mini-din to
serial cables, and it wouldn't work too well. Anything I left out, or
anything anyone else can think of to try? It frustrates me so much
that I got a full PROM menu not more than two weeks ago and now I've
got nothing, nothing at all.
Thanks
-Dave

Re: O2k PROM Question [ In reply to ]
Hey all,
Sorry for the delay. I've tried the O2k a number of times this
week, to no response. The serial port is connected correctly, and I've
verified with the MSC that everything is numbered properly and feeling
fine. The problem as I see it now is that the system PROM, whichever
first comes up, is not coming up at all. There is no hardware check,
no flashing lights on the node boards, no hex numbers on the MSC. So
that, in a way, excludes the possibility of the BaseIO having died.
Though it does make my situation a little more grim.
Questions:
1. Is there even a PROM on the midplane, if so where, and how do I get to it?
2. If I need a new midplane, where can I find one? I have an array
vault and a pci card-cage with 1 fore ATM card to trade, if that
helps.

I've run the system with a bunch of things pulled to see what's
lighting up and what's not, and there are lights coming on on the
midplane to indicate link up between N1 and I guess the router board,
but no tests are made. Perhaps the prom is loose? Maybe?

Anyway, let me know what you guys think, any ideas are welcome.
-Dave