Mailing List Archive

Compiling the kernel on SGI O2 R5000 IP32 180Mhz
Are there sample configurations available for an R5000 02?

James

Re: Compiling the kernel on SGI O2 R5000 IP32 180Mhz [ In reply to ]
James R. Marcus wrote:
> Are there sample configurations available for an R5000 02?
>
> James

Try "make ip32_defconfig" before going into menuconfig. It'll give you
a base workable config.

Steve

RE: Compiling the kernel on SGI O2 R5000 IP32 180Mhz [ In reply to ]
The other thing I wasn't sure about after I tried to boot the 2.4 kernel
(I know this won't work), is do I emerge the kernel or do I download it
from kernel.org?

James

Re: Compiling the kernel on SGI O2 R5000 IP32 180Mhz [ In reply to ]
James R. Marcus wrote:
> The other thing I wasn't sure about after I tried to boot the 2.4 kernel
> (I know this won't work), is do I emerge the kernel or do I download it
> from kernel.org?
>
> James

If you emerge a kernel, make sure it one of the mips-sources-2.6
ebuilds. I recommend 2.6.10 (-r1?) for ip32. The kernel.org sources
will almost certainly not work. If you really want to download a
kernel, you will have to check out cvs from linux-mips.org.

Steve

Re: Compiling the kernel on SGI O2 R5000 IP32 180Mhz [ In reply to ]
James R. Marcus wrote:
> Are there sample configurations available for an R5000 02?
>
> James

Kumba recently contributed his config on the hardware support DB I set
up some time back...

http://stuartl.longlandclan.hopto.org/gentoo/mips/index.php/1/10/R5000/2.6/64/o32

Incidentally, if anyone's curious as to whether a particular machine is
supported and/or wants to contribute their config options, have a look at:
http://stuartl.longlandclan.hopto.org/gentoo/mips/

| Stuart Longland -oOo- http://stuartl.longlandclan.hopto.org |
| Atomic Linux Project -oOo- http://atomicl.berlios.de |
| I haven't lost my mind - it's backed up on a tape somewhere |