/lib64/rc/sh/cgroup-release-agent.sh located outside of /sbin
The file is definitely located outside of /sbin. It belongs to openrc.
What can be the best solution to handle this issue?

Reloading policy knocks out the machine:
https://forums.grsecurity.net/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3881
--
dr Tóth Attila, Radiológus, 06-20-825-8057
Attila Toth MD, Radiologist, +36-20-825-8057
Re: New messages in log with hs-3.11.9-r1 [ In reply to ]
I know I can switch to systemd - since Gnome 3.8 (to my great
disappointment) forcefully pushes users to move on, but the unit files are
still lacking. One mentionable example is iptables. No iptables unit file.
I may (or might) have enough time for this by the end of the year.

BTW: any of you ever operated a machine with bonding using systemd? I've
found no documentation regarding the official way to achieve that. I'm
curious before I start hacking in my non-professional way.

Thanks:
Dw.

Re: New messages in log with hs-3.11.9-r1 [ In reply to ]
On 11/27/2013 01:49 PM, "Tóth Attila" wrote:
> After bumping the kernel and gradm versions, I see these in the log:
> grsec: denied exec of usermode helper binary
> /lib64/rc/sh/cgroup-release-agent.sh located outside of /sbin
> The file is definitely located outside of /sbin. It belongs to openrc.
> What can be the best solution to handle this issue?
>
> Reloading policy knocks out the machine:
> https://forums.grsecurity.net/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3881

I should probably have emailed the list to warn people about 3.0. It is
fresh off the assembly line and there are issues. I hit one myself but
didn't report it yet because a new release just came out.

I will not stabilize a 3.0 anytime soon. Please use a 2.9.1 of the time
being:

1) any 2.6.32

2) <= 3.2.52-r6

3) <= 3.11.9

Currently the tree has only 2.9.1. The overlay has 3.0.

Thank you Toth for pushing that report upstream.

--
Anthony G. Basile, Ph. D.
Chair of Information Technology
Re: New messages in log with hs-3.11.9-r1 [ In reply to ]
Ð’ Wed, 27 Nov 2013 19:59:13 +0100
"Tóth Attila" <atoth@atoth.sote.hu> пишет:

> BTW: any of you ever operated a machine with bonding using systemd? I've
> found no documentation regarding the official way to achieve that. I'm
> curious before I start hacking in my non-professional way.

Bonding is supported by net-misc/netctl. Also, this functionality will
be in systemd itself in the future (systemd-networkd).

http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/systemd-devel/2013-November/014115.html

--
Alexander Tsoy
Re: New messages in log with hs-3.11.9-r1 [ In reply to ]
Thanks for pointing to that email. Now I have a feeling again, that
systemd is not ready for production purposes. Although it's not on the
TODO list, I hope it will get there soon...

Re: New messages in log with hs-3.11.9-r1 [ In reply to ]
I will refrain from using this new version of 3.0 grsec+gradm.
But will give it a try when a new version comes out, anyways.

I have to also prepare to invest some energy into connection tracking
helper assignments.

Dw.

Re: New messages in log with hs-3.11.9-r1 [ In reply to ]
Just to let you know:
I've retested gradm-3.0 using hardened-sources-3.12.4 and the system seems
to behave.
Reloading policy no longer renders the machine unresponsive.
Log messages related to user mode helper binary have also gone.

Regards: Dw.