needed. Comments before I push that out?

--Tony

--
Anthony G. Basile, Ph.D.
Gentoo Linux Developer [Hardened]
E-Mail : blueness@gentoo.org
GnuPG FP : 1FED FAD9 D82C 52A5 3BAB DC79 9384 FA6E F52D 4BBA
GnuPG ID : F52D4BBA
Re: Switching to 13.0 profiles [ In reply to ]
On Sat, Mar 23, 2013 at 9:44 AM, Anthony G. Basile <blueness@gentoo.org> wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> Currently the hardened profiles are inheriting from the older 10.0 profiles.
> We held back to make sure things would work and even created a test profile
> profiles/hardened/linux/13.0 which will be removed soon. I'd like to go
> ahead and just make the switch tomorrow. It should be transparent to the
> users, so no other announcement (eg news item) is needed. Comments before I
> push that out?
>
> --Tony
>
> --
> Anthony G. Basile, Ph.D.
> Gentoo Linux Developer [Hardened]
> E-Mail : blueness@gentoo.org
> GnuPG FP : 1FED FAD9 D82C 52A5 3BAB DC79 9384 FA6E F52D 4BBA
> GnuPG ID : F52D4BBA

Do it, sir.

--
M. Summers

"...there are no rules here -- we're trying to accomplish something."
- Thomas A. Edison
Re: Switching to 13.0 profiles [ In reply to ]
On 03/23/2013 10:52 AM, Matthew Summers wrote:
> On Sat, Mar 23, 2013 at 9:44 AM, Anthony G. Basile <blueness@gentoo.org> wrote:
>> Hi everyone,
>>
>> Currently the hardened profiles are inheriting from the older 10.0 profiles.
>> We held back to make sure things would work and even created a test profile
>> profiles/hardened/linux/13.0 which will be removed soon. I'd like to go
>> ahead and just make the switch tomorrow. It should be transparent to the
>> users, so no other announcement (eg news item) is needed. Comments before I
>> push that out?
>>
>> --Tony
>>
>> --
>> Anthony G. Basile, Ph.D.
>> Gentoo Linux Developer [Hardened]
>> E-Mail : blueness@gentoo.org
>> GnuPG FP : 1FED FAD9 D82C 52A5 3BAB DC79 9384 FA6E F52D 4BBA
>> GnuPG ID : F52D4BBA
>>

> Do it, sir.

Done. And I deprecated the temporary hardened/linux/13.0 profiles that
we used for testing. Anyone who was playing with those should use
eselect and choose the regular profile.

Report bugs and I'll fix.

--
Anthony G. Basile, Ph. D.